39 | Always

"That was Siin the Swan, everyone. We hope you enjoyed this interview, and if you did, don't forget to leave a like and subscribe! If you have requests for future guests, you can drop them in our suggestions box located right in front of our recording studio at the 3rd floor of Club's building. Good luck in the finals Gidae-ers!"

As the broadcast goes off-air, both men relax back on their seats, getting rid of their headphones.

"That was cool, huh?" Dokyeom shoots Jungkook a grin.

Jungkook chuckles, nodding at his friend while standing up first. "You bet."

"Thanks a lot, Jungkook. I can't believe I just did an interview with the legendary mascot of our university."

"No problem," Jungkook pats his shoulder, nodding humbly. He is feeling much lighter after getting this interview out of the way. He was stressed ever since they scheduled with the official radio channel of Gidae University, but finding out that the host was Dokyeom took a big burden off of his shoulders. Their conversation went great, Dokyeom was such a helpful guide and since they were already friends, their chemistry naturally worked the episode into a deep-but-not-that-deep aura. 

"Seriously though, how did you manage to hide your identity? You pulled all those pranks?!"

Jungkook sighs, stuffing his hands in his pockets as they walk to the door of the small studio, barely ten feet wide. He doesn't know the answer to Dokyeom's questions, because he didn't do nearly anything. His team was fabulous, that's how.

"It was so hard, honestly," he laughs pained, making Dokyeom chuckle too, though his friend's curiosity rests at peak level. "I thought I'd die so many times."

"Some of those stuff were pretty dangerous."

"Yeah... I think we were lucky for real. Even though everything was planned and executed carefully, through it all it was pure luck to succeed at so many crazy shit." And yes, Jungkook uses a we to talk about the mascot, because again, an entire team covers for that title. He could give the revenge plan a shot by himself, but he knew even then to be loyal to his roots, to not greedy for selfish reasons and to trust his team for the dream.

"But you're here for a good cause today," Dokyeom nods perceptively. "I'm happy you are advocating for fraternity closure. You're doing what you probably would if you were the Student Body President."

"You're right?..." Jungkook giggles, grabbing his jacket from the chair where he was sitting a minute ago. "I think she hates me now." 

She, as in, Man Nnenna, the current Student Body President.

Just two days ago, she held a speech addressing fraternity hazing and arrests. The protests are ongoing even though there are only two weeks left to the closure of schools, maybe fired up even more by the Mascot's increasing support and campaigns for fraternity accountability. Jungkook has been doing his best to be an active leader in most of these protests, though he hasn't revealed his face to the public. He'd never want to, honestly.

Meanwhile, Nnenna proposed that the way to deal with the fraternity issues wasn't to ban the societies but to reform them. For that she promised to come up with a progressive plan and prioritize it above all her responsibilities next year.

Jungkook thinks that's a useless idea. The University has been trying to deal with fraternity breakouts over the years because hazing news ensue regularly, but even they weren't able to manage the oppressive nature of Greek life. He has little faith in a sorority girl's understanding of 'reform'.

"Whatever," Dokyeom shrugs coolly. "She didn't even win. She stole your throne," his eyes bulge at the emphasis.

Jungkook chuckles, watching his friend fondly. Dokyeom is always supportive of him, kind and respectful. Apparently he can get a little out of character for haters.