8 | Fandom

Beep beep.

Jungkook squints his eyes, waving his hand in front of the camera to make sure it's working.

He hollows his cheeks, popping an imaginary bubble from left to right, watching his image on the camera follow his actions.

Working.

He steps away from the high drawer unit, bare feet dragging through the wooden flooring, sunlight infiltrating his features the more he confronts the bright side of his room.

This is supposed to be the first episode of his mascot series. He doesn't know much about vlog filming, having mostly worked with plots and details he passes through a second (and mostly third, fourth and fifth) process of editing and polishing until the perfect entertainment piece hits universal. He feels fortunate enough to be spared from Jin's 'Vlogging Schedule' proposal; what good does it make if the series isn't full of spontaneity and randomness?

Part of the YouTube world for a while now, he believes he pretty much grasps the tips and tricks of appealing to the mass, hence the current i-woke-up-like-this look he's trying to pull. Seriously, he did wake up like this: hair a mess, because straight out of bed baby (though he made sure he washed his face and followed his skincare routine... debatable, such word too, since his slacking off is more "routine" than the routine itself), going for the natural glow and charm he knows he naturally is born to.

Hojun, his ex-boyfriend used to tell him a lot about how unique his appearance is, which awakened his consciousness towards his attractiveness. He doesn't put much thought into himself to be honest, even though he keeps a self-care groove and minds his dietary cycle for the sake of his happiness, but he has never gone to the extent of confidently declaring himself in front of anybody. Maybe that's part of the charm Byung-hoo was talking about: effortless grace.

"Hi," he says with a groggy voice, showing a soft smile that throws off the focus in his eyes. "I'm Jeon Jungkook, the year's Gidae University mascot for the Winter National University Games."

I forged into the school system to get myself elected and here I am.

"This is the start of a series that'll show all the behind the scene footage of the show my team... and I will be putting at the game day."

He pauses to mentally go over the words he just uttered. My team and I.

"At this point I still have no idea what I'm going to show you," he chuckles, ruffling the back of his hair. "The fact that I have a pretty successful channel doesn't mean I know how I did it. Which brings me to the intro I skipped," he leans in to the camera cutely, pointing a finger for a few extra seconds that causes him to laugh ridiculously. "Gosh, I'm a mess. I'm Jungkook, Communications major, 18. My biggest dream is taking off to the world, traveling everywhere I can and producing a documentary out of it... But for that I have to graduate first.

"Anyway, hope you enjoy this mascot series with me, please show me lots of love and expect a lot! Currently it's..." he reaches out to his phone on the bed and checks the time, "9 a.m. I got a meeting with the team in an hour. They still don't know that the mascot animal, so let's go do a costume reveal, shall we?"

That is if Minji kept her promise to not tell the rest.

He grins and waves, blurring out the camera with the hand he extends forward.

Hell to the enthusiasm. He's going to look ridiculous in that furry damn outfit.

Jungkook parks his bicycle at the bike rack at the entrance of the university, grabs the card-box and heads directly towards the Clubs Building. He can't believe a kick on the balls by a girl got him so dazzled to the point that he couldn't even manage such a weightless package that day.