23 | Are You Gonna Stay?

[A/N: Hey guys, I've been in a car accident early this morning, slight injuries on my lower leg but I'm alright. I had half this chapter ready 3 days ago and since then I've been hyping it up, and I chose to distract myself through finishing it tonight. I just don't like making a big deal of something I'm not going to fulfill so I'm publishing it. Please show it lots of love. Thanks a lot. <3]

"Annyeonghaseyo?"

Jungkook waits patiently at the doorsteps, watching Jimin call for someone through the door crack of the big house. He doesn't know what they are doing in front of the main building instead of going to Jimin's trailer, but he keeps his mouth shut and stays still like a good boy. 

The garden is pretty well-kept, now that he looks carefully. Someone sure invests from their time to make this place look so beautiful: pink orchids, container plants and trimmed grasses, you name it. Jungkook wonders whether Jimin likes gardening, or the house-owners keep the maintenance.

His attention switches to a distant shout from the interior of the house, a senior lady taking fast steps towards them. Jungkook knows her as the house-owner, had a few interactions with the lady when he came to find Jimin, but they never really met as in introduced themselves to each other.

"Ah, my Jiminie, sorry for the wait. It takes me a while to walk down the steps," she chuckles huskily, though the general. tone of her voice is quite high pitched. Once she fully appears on the door Jungkook is able to see her face well but she can't see him because Jimin is standing on the stairway. 

"Don't even worry about it aunt Yumi," Jimin voices sweetly. 

"Come on in now, why are you standing outside?" she states more than asking, hustling behind the door to push something that's blocking it from behind. Meanwhile Jimin turns to Jungkook, signing him to come upstairs.

Jungkook feels embarrassed for some reason he can't pinpoint, but he complies goodly and climbs the rest of the stairs. Still, he hides behind Jimin, too shy to face the woman that probably doesn't expect a stranger tagging along her house.

"Aunt Yumi," Jimin calls for attention though she doesn't look up until she is done with her commotion. The thing that she drags to the other side of the door is a brick cube, looking too heavy for her to be pushing it with her delicate pink-socked feet. 

"I lost the number of the glazier who was supposed to come fix the door, Jiminie," she straightens with a hand on her back. Her expression looks pained and Jungkook feels sorry for her. "I don't think I can keep pushing this thing back and forth," she laughs, it's such a warm sound. "You call them for me, okay?"

"Oh my, of course, why didn't you tell me before ahjumma?" Jimin pats her arm apologetically, at which she smiles and nods towards his shoes so that he can take them off and walk in already.

And then it becomes pitch quiet, because her eyes spot Jungkook's feet over Jimin's legs.

Jungkook shouldn't be this nervous over meeting such a friendly human, but he is panicking a little. Maybe that is exactly why I'm nervous, he reasons, wanting to make a good enough impression.

Jimin rushes to an explanation when she hesitantly points at Jungkook. 

"I believe you've met Jungkook," he shifts out of the way, revealing Jungkook's naked existence (no he is not naked, he just feels that way). "Is it okay if he joins us today?"

She blinks and tries her best to not make it obvious that she is checking Jungkook up and down, an apparent fail, smiling gently when she looks him in the eye. It's not as warm as the smiles she gave Jimin but Jungkook can understand that she is being cautious.