11 | Deal With The Devil

[A/N: Most of it is revised but some of it isn't, but I didn't want to postpone the update to another day since I promised to publish today – so please enjoy this! I'll edit it later tomorrow so if you are one of those grammar freaks (yikes to you) I suggest coming back 24 hours later and I'll have your bottom covered. :*]

Jungkook doesn't know how everything worked out so well, but he is somehow at his own fan-meet.

He didn't expect so many students to show up but there is a good bunch indulging themselves in the hotdog, popcorn and drink stands they have established with the team, proceeding to interact with the swan mascot and taking pictures with him. Yoongi was right: food is the way to people's hearts. 

So far he has done a great job at being a goofball. Thanks to the How to Express Emotions Only Using Body Language crash course Ae Cha gave him in the morning (Jungkook still doesn't get how they managed to embezzle an extra fee protocol from him for that) and Jin's sharp instructions about not saying a word 'because it ruins the spell of the mascot' or something, he takes pride in entertaining everybody. 

It has been hustle of a week! Secret Services has been ripping their asses off – excuse Jungkook – more than Jungkook himself, he thinks. By now the campus is full of Siin the Swan posters; their social media accounts are buzzing with attention and fan accounts have already started theories about the story of the swan. The mascot is Gidae's guilty pleasure, Jungkook reasons, as he scrolls through his feed every night with a big pack of chips, himself be damned for refreshing that fanfiction page about a beef between him and the mascot of last year.

People have wild imagination, it's crazy!

Now, he's not gonna deny that he has been enjoying the private fame. He almost admitted to two whispering students that 1) he can hear them and 2) the mascot was born and still is a dude being himself the dude, because who the fuck told everyone he was transgender?! but he held himself. He pressed his lips together real tight. Eventually he bursted into the Debate Club's room to spill the news because can you believe it but ended up chasing Shady around the room because turns out the dude accidentally updated Jungkook's mascot status instead of his own which... diffused into a moment of silence till the news sank.

Shady swore that he wasn't transgender.

Jin was still suspicious, meanwhile Yoongi hit Shady at the back of his head telling him to get his shit together and that if the underground scene started talking about it his reputation would be crushed.

Jungkook never knew Shady was that famous. He should have guessed from the masterpiece of an anthem the dude brought into the table at their meeting on Friday. 

It was good. Like... really good. High production quality, sounds ranging from majestic-sounding echoes to beat drops... name it. There was no denying that the dude knew what he was doing, which was a big drag for Jungkook who has been doing nothing but judge Shady by his punk looks and spiky tongue.

Maybe he should ask him his real name one of these days.

It's not particularly hot outside, cross the warming sun making an appearance way more often than the past months altogether, but Jungkook feels his skin humidify increasingly every second. He needs a break from the fansign event, and maybe from the promotions altogether. He had the most hectic week of his life, scoring zero chill time with all the directions he has been getting from the Secret Services in order to prepare the performance before the coming last week. 

He has two papers due. He hasn't been studying that much either.

As exciting as everything is, he didn't sign up for this much exhaustion or drama and it's getting a little difficult to see the good side of it any longer.