Jimin (Point of View PT3)

"Isn't he like a kid?"

Jimin glares at Sungwoon who is busy sporting a smirk over a cigarette clipped between his lips.

"I'm just sayin', bro," his friend hangs his head loose to the side, trying to look less offensive than he sounds. If Jimin would be honest, he would openly admit to Sungwoon being judgmental for his own lame reasons. "He is like a possessive puppy."

Why does everybody assume that Jimin needs a strong man to handle him? Does he look so fragile from the outside that calls for a pick-me-up, or did he ogle too much at bulky guys next to his friends? Honestly, both options sound ridiculous!

Jungkook might not be the manliest man around, but he has great proportions and an extremely handsome personality. He doesn't try hard like those try-hard-dudes, and listens to Jimin a lot more than Jimin listens to him. Jimin has somewhat of the upper hand in their dynamics but that doesn't mean Jungkook lacks the ability to take charge when needed.

"Will he be able to handle you?"

"Handle me how?"

"...nothing."

Jimin rolls his eyes, letting out a huge breath. The smell of smoke is irritating his lungs but not more than his friend's arrogant attitude of display. He balances the heel of his running shoe left to right on the concrete, lips puckering as he fixates on the movement.

"Are you looking down on me?"

Sungwoon's smoking comes to a halt, the cigarette trapped between his fingers that fall to the bench. Silence drawls the question Jimin knows he will ask, eventually uttered. "Why would I do that, Jimin-ah?"

The corner of Jimin's lip twitches. It's not a crime to trust his best friend. But at the end of the day, he is human like everyone else and it's only natural that he feels entitlement as he has saved Jimin's life countless times.

Jimin can't even get mad at him.

"I know right," he mutters to himself, dragging his shoe back and forth over the pavement, paying attention to the way the sound perfectly matches the stir of the waves a couple feet away.

He is just being silly.

"I'm worried that you will be disappointed."

Jimin turns his face towards Sungwoon, blinking intently. The man contemplates, not wanting to trigger Jimin with his words, but knows it's too late to keep his thoughts to himself when he has let a pickle out the jar already.

"You deserve to be with someone mature and responsible. Someone who will understand what you are going through."

Jimin hums, his mind wandering.

He pictures Jungkook's youthful eyes, how clueless he is about half of the time, how spontaneous and unplanned his spirits are, how he fails to suppress his instincts and follows his heart.

He is the most human thing Jimin has ever seen in his entire life.

Jimin found him when he wasn't looking for a relationship. Honestly, even now that they are together (it has been a week yet) Jimin isn't looking for a relationship. Then he would be looking for the traits that Sungwoon mentioned too, but that's not what Jimin is after.

Jimin is only after Jungkook.

Jimin doesn't expect anything from him, doesn't want to ask for much but his pretty face, the luck of his breeze, the nonsense he knows best will make Jimin laugh, his warmth and his lips, once in a while.