36 | Two Babies

[A/N: Let's go let's go let's goooooo! P.S. Could proofread it only once, sorry bout any plausible little mistakes dear readers!]

If Jungkook thought Jimin was going to leave him douse in his misery, he was badly wrong. The morning after the open announcement of "prize for finding the mascot", the same morning Jungkook skips class in thoughts that he'll be expelled anyway, Jimin brings in a curator.

Byeongie in his arms, the two smile at him from his door crack, cute versions of each other: papa duckling and baby duckling. Jungkook could be hit by the biggest meteor but even that wouldn't come close to shaking him out of his reverie when it comes to those two. 

He panics because he had absolutely no idea that they'd make a surprise appearance — that Jimin would just bring Byeong over like that when on the daily he rarely brings him up next to Jungkook — but they are here. Jimin is furnishing the balcony with fluffy rugs and pillows and Byeong is awkwardly clinging unto Jungkook's shoulders as the two of  them watch Jimin breeze back and forth the living room and the balcony.

When they are settled on the comfortable floor bed that the man has done a kickass job at, Byeong empties his little Monsters-print bag of pretend-play medical kits, a little too excited about getting the consultation started with Jungkook who, well, had no idea he was seeing the doctor today.

"I will make you... I will make you better, okay?" Byeong affirms at Jungkook with big eyes, holding a stethoscope in his hands. He is all over the place like he forgot everything he learned about, so Jimin has to step in to lend a hand before he is discouraged.

"Byeongie was very sad when he heard you were sick, uncle Ggukie," Jimin explains to Jungkook with an embarrassed laughter, obviously referring to last night when Jimin stayed over to comfort Jungkook. Jimin had told Byeong over the phone that he needed to take care of Jungkook because he was sick so that Byeong could come to terms with sleeping away, but apparently the little kid got worried about Jungkook himself, finding the solution in packing his medical equipment and running for Jungkook's rescue first thing in the morning. "So he wants to heal you now. It might be a little difficult to believe," Jimin tilts his head and sucks his teeth comically, explaining with big hand motions, "but he actually has a medical degree, yeah!"

"Oh, wow!" Jungkook lets out a soft chuckle, leaning forward and cupping Byeong's cheeks, the love in his heart tripling in amount just by staring into his innocent eyes. "Thank you, Byeongie. I feel a little better already!"

A dazzled smile settles across Byeong's lips, but he wants to do his thing. You can guess this is a tad bit more about the boy showing off his amazing skills than Jungkook's state of health. 

"What do you want to do first, baby?" Jimin hums, rubbing Byeong's back while urging him to use his stethoscope. "Do you want to check uncle Gguk's pulse?"

Byeong starts panting in excitement as he buckles up on his knees and leans forward to lift Jungkook's shirt.

"Tummy puwlse," he says with a quick glance at Jungkook's eyes — which Jungkook assumes was a subtle was of asking for permission — pressing the round chest-piece on his stomach as the shirt is upheld. Jungkook is doing a good job staying still while Byeong does funny sounds through his throat to imitate a working machine, but Jimin is not succeeding so well himself, having to stifle his laughs behind his hand to not alarm his son. "Are you hungwy?"

Jungkook blinks wide in amusement. "I-I guess... a little."

"Dada," Byeong turns at Jimin in a silent command. It's obvious that they played this game before from the way Jimin immediately pulls out a candy from the tiniest plastic bag and unwraps it, feeding it to Jungkook, nodding in a soldier-like manner at Byeong. "Thank you, dada," Byeong says happily in response, giggling while falling back on his butt.