28 | Fuel to the Fire

"Arasso, Jinju-yah. Say hi to eomma and appa!"

Jungkook for his sister's confirming hum to hang up the call, tackling the phone between his ear and shoulder while squeezing the life out of a kimchi jar's lid. He feels his arm lengthily go numb at the next trial, face scrunching out of reflex. Finally, the damn lid undoes, falling off to the counter, and Jungkook can let out a huge breath, relaxing all his muscles.

What he doesn't see coming, is his phone slipping out of its not-so-confined space, crashing on the floor with a loud thud!.

"Shit!" 

Jungkook squats and grabs the item hastily, swirling it around to make sure it works. 

It does. 

Jungkook should be relieved but he is rather riled up. The heel of his foot is tapping aggressively against the bare tiles of the kitchen as his fingers are tightening around the phone he is this close to throwing on the wall. His eyes purposelessly focus on the knob of a cupboard, tongue poking his cheek as he tries to command himself to calm down.

There's just something ominous about today! Not only the jar and the phone, but so much has been going wrong: his 8 a.m. lecture being cancelled after sitting in class purposelessly for half an hour, rain pouring out of nowhere on his way home, the lock of his apartment's door breaking for no reason, the kimchi jar refusing to open, his phone crashing on the ground — what is it, holy heavens?! 

Has he hurt someone unknowingly?

Not that he knows of! All he has been doing is fixing everything wrong with the fucking world the past damn weeks. He believes he deserves at least a little bit of luck to come his way, but what — he gets this?!

Jungkook closes his eyes, trying not to listen to the evil voices in his head. He has got to put himself together, gather his senses. Jimin will be here pretty soon and he doesn't need to deal with an exasperated Jungkook when expecting cuddles and smiles after a long day at work. 

With his newly found source of motivation Jungkook stands up, placing the phone on the counter with extra care (to a mocking degree), going back to preparing the dinner table. His grandmother – God bless her heart – refused to sent him back to Gidae without loading his bag with a ton of homemade dishes, some preservable dried food while others pre-prepared dough and meat that temper perfectly with a quick heat in the microwave. Jungkook is happy that for once since they've met, he can serve Jimin some delicious meal that is not take-out for god's sake.

Table set, house clean and cozy, delicious smells crisping the room, Jimin rings the bell.

Checking his reflection on the mirror one more time (damn you rebellious single hair strand), Jungkook approves his shirt-and-sweats combo as is and skips to the door. Leaned on the frame, greets his gorgeous blondie with a blinding grin, the little sparkles in his eyes twinkling when Jungkook flashes him a smile of equal toothiness. 

"Well, hello there," Jungkook melts into his half-open door with his face landing right in front of Jimin's, both of them a puddle of coos and woos.

"Well, hello yourself," Jimin dances his eyebrows, utterly suggestive.  He leans forward and gives Jungkook a short kiss, blushing when Jungkook's eyes don't leave his lips like he is asking are you kidding me? "Lemme in, I'm hungry," Jimin says instead, turning Jungkook's expression into a shocked slash amused one, then laughing for being a brat.

"Wow, this is the treatment we get from our boyfriends now. Cool," Jungkook opens the door in continuous nods as Jimin slips in, still laughing. 

"Keep your promises and I'll be nice," he takes his denim jacket off and hangs it on the coat rack behind the door, used to navigating himself around Jungkook's house by now. It's a pleasant sight, seeing Jimin become comfortable in a space that belongs to Jungkook. It's just... cute and heart-fluttering. "Cuddles," Jimin holds a finger up, striking a pose in front of Jungkook. "Massage, wine," the rest of his fingers roll out, a head tilt finalizing the deal.