10 | Not Supposed to Fall

It's a weekday afternoon when Jungkook receives a text from the Secret Services about a meeting. He's lucky they reached out to him when he was in campus. With the energy that he pumped in his awesome marketing lecture he feels like he is ready to take over the brainstorm committee.

But when he gets to the Debate Club room, there is an interesting situation.

A quarrel rolls in the hallway between his friends and some other people he doesn't recognize, some sort of disagreement that has everyone's nerves thrown off. He can hear Jin holler at a girl he hasn't seen before, but her presence and squad are nowhere less intimidating than Jin's angered condition.

And then there is a poor Minji trying to get everyone's nerves down by offering them cold lemonade from the vending machine, but it doesn't work further than creating a seconds long silence - the bickering resumes, if not louder now.

Jungkook manages to catch her just as she is storming off in frustration.

"Hey, hey, hey! What's going on?"

Minji doesn't recognize him immediately (thank you busted basement floor lightings), squinting her eyes and only then greeting him. "We got neighbors, that's what. And you know what's the best part?"

Jungkook fears asking.

"They are bunch of losers," Minji spits anyway. She throws an annoyed look at the gang, rolling her eyes at the ongoing sight. "See that one?" she flashes at the girl bickering with Jin determinedly. "She's the main culprit of this whole mess."

She doesn't look like a culprit though, is what Jungkook wants to say but of course he doesn't because then he wouldn't be breathing - Minji would have killed him with her looks, if not with her hands. The girl she is bashing has platinum blonde hair cut into a classic bob with bangs, a round hat on her head and feather earrings dangling from her ears. Jungkook would call her pretty stylish from what he can see, which would cause him to stereotypically assume she is not the type to get into meaningless quarrels: the front-row fighter type in the woman rights movement protests instead.

He is just assuming two sides of the discussion.

At the end of the altercation, no one is satisfied, no conflicts are resolved. Both parties dash into their lined rooms in chagrin and bang the doors like emotionally clogged couples. Jin ends up going off at the members in the room like they signed up for taking his crap in situations where he can't control himself, though he also ends up apologizing and sitting himself to calm down.

Turns out he caused the problem to get bigger when he refused to compromise with their new neighbors.

It's all because the university decided to give a crappy room to a newly formed school club, a band, to be more specific. They were under-appreciated, just like the Debate Club (which actually is very noble in the ranking of nation-wise clubs but somehow doesn't favor Gidae because of their outspoken nature) and however they made it into the socialites book of clubs, this band was assigned a room as it states in the Clubs Charter of Rights.

They are musicians. They have instruments. They make a lot of noise.

And Debate Club keeps secrets.

They can't afford banging instrumentals and screaming vocals at the brink of their very private endeavors, operating under what they call Secret Services.

"Sorry you had to witness that," Yoongi sighs at Jungkook, massaging his eyes tiredly. "We lost our cool."

"Oh, it's totally fine," Jungkook reassures, making eye contact with Minji who seems to be the only sane one around. She was trying to peace-make when everyone fought and Jungkook appreciates that she was able to take on the responsible parent role at a situation so tense. "You'll figure something out, right?"