24 | Dozillion Times

The first weekend of May is a Sunday, marking the official entry into the summer season. It's exciting, of course, to step into a full-blooming time of the year, especially if you have young love to look forward to. Summers have been nothing but sweet to Jungkook, gifted him with warm memories and unforgettable laughters. Albeit bringing similar feelings to Jungkook's fluttery heart, he can already tell this one will be a little different than the others. 

Less games and more sincerity.

Less satiety and more discovery.

By the end of this summer, Jungkook won't be marking the ends but the beginnings. He won't be crossing off items from his to-do lists, plainly because he doesn't know what's coming this time round. Never been a close-minded person, he feels even braver this time, not to kick seashells into the water but to collect them. A vast beach lays before him, and the sun is not there to tan his skin anymore. It is there to leak in between the gaps of those shells and reveal the ones with gems to Jungkook's innocuous eyes. 

Fun is still fun, but Jungkook kind of wants replace its memories with people.

Now, back to what he should be doing which is not daydreaming. He is stocked, surprising to a Sunday. Dokyeom invited him to a study session they are having with some classmates so he'll be meeting him in the library. They ended up study mates, and even though Jungkook would like to spend time with him outside of classwork, he doesn't think he has time or energy to allocate to more people than he already has in his life.

The main one being a certain blonde-hairy fairy that he is sure will take at least 70% of his time.

It's impossible not to smile like an idiot at the reminder that they are dating now. They never went on any date, yet — soon, but it is what it is, you know? 

Funny thing is that they said butterflies were short-lived, but Jungkook can summon his ones any time. All he has to do is recall Jimin and they are dancing in his stomach like they are happier than Jungkook himself. 

Oh, Jimin is going to take all of his time, all right.

Jungkook can't stop the enormous grin from stretching his face, turning the key on his door.

Step.

Huff-huff.

Shuffles.

More shuffles.

The commotion running on the stairs of their floor is by... Jungkook peeks and peeks—

Oh there she is.

A fifteen-looking girl with the uniform of the high school from the curb of the street is busy lugging supermarket bag after supermarket bag, piling them up at the stair break and carrying as much as she can half the way, only to go back to collect some more. 

Jungkook knows her as the daughter of neighbors across his apartment, but they never really interacted more than polite smiles.

Guess today's the day.

Jungkook is just about to surge and help her out when an all-black wearing hooded man splints down the upper flat's stairs, carelessly bumping into the poor girl and sending her shoulder crashing to the wall with a cry. The plastics in her hands fall, making a rolling mess of oranges over the stairs, among other things.

Unable to shrug off the shock of what he has seen until the man bows and rolls a few oranges in the direction of the plastics, then runs off, Jungkook breaks into a fit of temper, hurrying to the girl's side to help her up while trying to spot the face of the intruder over the cracks of the stairs extending through the building's middle.