34. Prepare for War (Akira's POV)

Seeing his expression when I introduce him to Flare as if he's imagining things since Flare came out of no where and onto my lap. I try to giggle at the stun look on his face causes me to cough and pain in my throat for being dry. Max sees me coughing, quickly goes to the side of the table, pour water from the water jug into a glass, rushes back to me with the cup in front of me, and said, "Here is some water, your throat must be dry."

          "Did you see that My Lady? The look on his face is hilarious! HAHAHA!!" Flare says in my mind, nearly choking from the water, shock that we can talk to each other. Flare just rolling back and forth in my lap, looking like she is laughing at something.

          Then all of a sudden, Max is on top of me, shielding me from potential danger, growling, "Who's there?! Show yourself this instant!!" Eyes turning black as his wolf taking control, but what shocks me that he heard what Flare said to me in my mind. Max continues to growl, slowly getting louder as no one appears and his body shaking, ready to shift.

          "Easy, no one here except us and Flare too, but I will explain for now that voice you heard was in your head and overheard what Flare said to me." Putting a hand on his cheek as well rubbing up and down his arm to help calm him down. His body relaxing with my touch and his growling diminishes as he looks between me and Flare, confused. "But before I can explain more to you, can you mind link our friends to come here so that I can explain all at once and not repeatedly?" His eyes glazes over as he mind links his friends to come over with their mates a.k.a. my friends and after he is done, I nudge him to the side and sit up leaning against the headrest.

          Ten minutes later, both of our friends enter in my hospital room, when Erica sees me awake, she instantly bolts to me and hugs me tightly, taking air out of my lungs, crying in a broken voice, "Akira th-thank goodness you're o-ok-okay! I... I... thought we lost y-you. Never do something like that again! You understand me?! I don't want to lose my very first best friend." Her talking gets stronger as she starts from relief to anger which makes me chuckle at the change. Cedric on the other hand, looks at my body to see if there's any pain present in my posture, but seeing that I'm fine, he relaxes with a nod and leans against the wall.

          "Can't breathe..." When she hears that, she instantly lets go with Max growling at her and with the cause and effect, Alec instantly puts Erica behind him to protect her. Rubbing his arms again to calm Max down, easing the tension in the room, "I'm fine Max, she is just scared and worried for me. After all she's my first best friend too."

          "So... you want to explain how you can control fire?" Cedric said as he raises one of his eyebrows since he knows there's a reason for all of us to be here.

          Shaking my head since I know he wants to get down to business and an explanation on what had happened. "I will explain Cedric, but first I need to tell you the back story for you to understand how I can control fire." With that I explain how I met my biological parents and what they had told me during my coma and how I'm a savior for both mortal and immortal realms from the darkness that's creating these monsters, and that's part of the danger. Also, introducing Flare to group as my spirit animal from my parents to help me control my powers. "So, since my father is God Apollo, I can control fire and wind as well and from my mother, Goddess Athena I might be control earth and water, but hadn't got a chance to find out yet." After my explanation, everyone looked shock by the information and tense as they realize that this is just the beginning of the dangers ahead of us.

          Max lets out a big sigh while rubbing his hand through his hair due to the gravity of the situation and muttered, "Well that's great... I need to speak with Alpha Nox and call back to the castle and order half of the soldiers here, it's going be intense training because there is no way we are able to kill those monsters." He gets up and leaves the room to do what he said he will do with Conrad and Alec follow behind him.

          *Knock* *Knock* We hear someone knocking on the door and open it, stepping in was doctor came in, "Hello, Her Majesty, my name is Dr. Sasha, I'm hear to check your vitals to see if you are okay to be discharged." Nod my head to show her I understand and let her do her check-up, from looking at the monitor all the way to minor bruises. "Well, it looks like you fully recover and can be discharged, Her Majesty."

          "Thank you, Dr. Sasha. I would like to get discharge now, so I can help out my mate." I told her as she bears her neck at me and left the room. Looking back to my friends as they wait patiently for the doctor to leave, and Flare decides to make an appearance again from under the bed back to my lap again. Of course, their surprise faces makes me smirk and start stroking Flare's fur since its so calming and relaxing when it's soft as a cloud would be. "Well guys, meet Flare my spirit animal. Flare this is my best friend Erica and partner in crime, Cedric."

           "Nice to meet you two, I hope we can be friends as well. I hope they can hear me, my lady since I didn't realize that Alpha King can hear me." Flare says in my mind as I watch them curiously if they heard her as well. Seeing that they didn't give any reaction of shock or any other indicator of hearing what she had said.

           "Flare told me to say to you two is, nice to meet you two, I hope we can be friends as well. Did both of you do not hear that in your head at all?" Look to see them look at each other and back to me shaking their heads no. "Okay, well if you are wondering, yes, I can communicate with Flare as I mention before, she's my spirit animal.

          "I wonder if it's because Max is my mate and because of that our souls are bound to be together in the future that he can hear you as well." I explain to Flare as she sits down, looking at me.

          "You must be right, My Lady." Flare yawns and lays down on my lap. I gently pick her up and slowly get off the bed standing up.

          "Let's get out of here and head to the office to help our mates." I told them as they follow me out of the hospital and walk towards the pack house. Luckily for us, they only need my signature to be discharge and that the hospital is connected to the pack house. We walk up the stairs to the floor where the Alpha's office is and when we get there, we see our mates standing around the center table with their hands moving around the map with their hands pointing around the map. Shutting the door since we don't want anyone to eavesdrop onto the conversation, we went to the couches to the side and discuss possible training ideas for the pack's warriors and the soldiers that is coming.