44. Surprise (Max's POV)

Earlier in the day, inside the office, I am with the other Alphas and my Generals discussing about the upcoming battle. "The best course of action is to battle in the field that's not close to the humans and our territories and it's big enough to not allow those monsters to use the trees as an advantage." I said, pointing on the map with field large enough to fight with no worries.

          Everyone nodding their head in agreement, "Your Majesty, I suggest setting up traps to slower our enemies movements and allow us to have some form of advantage. From all the notes, these creatures, or I should say monsters are extremely dangerous, even working in groups there will be lots of casualties." My senior General suggests and continue to list of traps that will help slow down their movements. The others join in, suggesting which traps will be more effective and strategizing their warriors to have better their chances.

          Thirty minutes later, finish up with our plan of attack and who will lead what groups, I went to floor-to-ceiling window that is over looking the training grounds. Seeing everyone grouping up and working as a team to take down their enemies, as well seeing his best friends overlooking the training. Suddenly, the back door open and seeing Akira rushing out to stand between them, a smile appears on his face. Chuckling, shacking his head as he reminisce about this morning, how innocent and cute she looks while asleep within his arms. Concentrating back to the training grounds, he sees the warrior who caught his eyes earlier and see he isn't breaking a sweat and hold his ground extremely well.

           Warrior after warrior, the one he believes is the one hadn't lost a single match, no visible injuries, not even out of breath. Feeling surprises and shock, I know it wasn't my emotions, but Akira's, looking towards her direction, I see her walking towards the warrior that I've been watching. Knowing her she would like to spar, and there she goes, both of them sizing each other up and back-to-back attacks, but I can see she's restraining herself. Few minutes of sparring, they are in a deadlock, but too close to comfort, I turn around and walk out of the office, straight to the training grounds.

          Once I got there, both of them are still on the ground, Knight growling in my head as he also sees the situation. So close as if they are about to kiss or something similar, "GRRRRRRRR!!!!!" Growling loudly and powerful that everyone shows their necks as I see the two of them instantly stand up, Akira running up to me.

          Quickly wrapping her arms around my neck, "Max it's okay, let's go to your office, of course Shawn will come with us, so we can explain everything to you. Alright?" Akira asks as she rubs her arms around my back and arms, trying to calm me down.

          Looking into her eyes, I see truth, sincere, and love shining through, "Fine, better explain why you were laying on top of him like lovers." Rumbling as we walk away, "Shawn come with us to the office, NOW!" I order, hearing him run towards us to follow. We all walk inside the pack house, straight for the office on the top floor.

          Once inside, I drag Akira behind me to sit on a loveseat and making her fall into my lap with my arms around her and my nose straight to my mark, inhaling her scent to calm me down. "Now please explain to me why you two were laying on the ground, looking ready to make-out with each other." I said slowly while glaring at the warrior.

          "Maxy, do you remember me telling you my past?" Akira asks after she made me look into her eyes, seeing happiness and joy in them. Knight slowly flexing his claws as he sees her interest in him.

          "Yes and what does that have to do with him?" Looking back and forth to see if there's any similarities or any indication if he had suffered the same situation.

          "Well...This is my brother Shawn, and he was alive all this time," she bites her lip while waiting for my reaction to the news. Surprise what she said to me, and really look at the warrior who is Shawn closely. Between the two, they look a little bit similar, could say their personalities and temperament are about the same as well.

          "Mi Amor, how sure are you that he is your brother and not someone who looks just like him?" I ask her, worried that she got her hopes up too quickly.

          "I'm 1,000% sure it's him, that scar on his back was when we were kids, he protected me from a fire cracker that was thrown at me by the three hooligans in our town. He had to be hospitalized from burns on his back." Akira said as she lists all other stories between her and her brother when they were kids. Shawn also talk about when her birthday is, her favorites color and movies, and her most embarrassing moment when she was little.

          "Okay. Okay. He is your brother. I would like to practice with Shawn tomorrow since I watched him spar earlier and want to see his level of technique and skill. If that's okay with you Shawn? I ask while looking at him.

          Staring right back at me with a smirk on his face, "sure I won't mind, I always wonder how strong the King of the werewolves is." Shawn said. Reaching a hand out as an agreement, he took my hand, and we shake on it.

          "Well see you tomorrow then, hopefully I don't disappoint my brother-in-law." I said, excited to see who will be the strongest between us.