39. Practice Makes Perfect (Akira's POV)

AN: This is what Protector and Guardian looks like.

*Few days later*

          Looking around at the mourning pack members who are giving respects to the warriors that we lost during the battle. We lost eight warriors and 10 still at the hospital with sever wounds. We are surrounding the eight graves as Alpha Nox continues with his speech, "We have lost great, loyal, and honorable men. We will forever remember and honor them for their sacrifice and bravery to protect their pack, home, family, and friends. We all will be there for their families during their time of need and support them through hardships. Now I will allow His Majesty to speak."

          Alpha Nox steps to the side and allows Max to take center and start with his speech, "Thank you Alpha Nox. Mystic Pack, I'm sorry for your loss, but their sacrifice won't be in vain, we will stop these monsters once and for all! We will be victorious and bring peace back into our lives."

         Once he finishes his speech, the pack members howls in agreement and they start laying white lilies on the graves. Cedric and I stayed behind by a nearby tree, Cedric leaning against it and I am on the branches on top, staying out eyesight. Erica is standing next to Alec since he and Conrad have to stand next to Max. Me staying out of eyesight will give the Mystic Pack's members to be at ease because after they saw my powers, they had been avoiding me and being cautious when I'm around them which I don't blame them. People are always scared of what they don't understand and of the unknown.

          With a sigh, I start sprinting towards the clearing with my wolves, Protector and Guardian following me on the forests floor. Smiling to see them with me again as we continue our way through the forest and into the meadow. *Tick Tick* Signaling to Protector and Guardian, they lay down at the edge of the meadow for their own safety. Now that I don't have to worry of them getting into any danger, I walk to the middle and sit down with my legs crisscross and my hands on my knees, closing my eyes.

         Taking a deep breath, clearing my mind as I start meditating; I should work on the elements I know first and know how to control them. Let's see... We should start with wind since its not as destructive as fire. What I know about wind is that its invisible and part of the air we breathe, it's light as a feather, yet powerful to create a tornado or typhon. It's around us and everywhere. With those thoughts, I breathe in and exhale through my mouth, trying to create wind and control it. Nothing happens, maybe a different approach will work like it's unrestrained and free like a bird. Trying again, breathe in and exhale out, letting it flow and feeling its energy going everywhere, tuning into that energy, making the wind swirl around me. Feeling my hair follow the wind, I smile as I am success controlling the wind.

         Next how about water, otherwise fire and wind its bad combo to learn one after another since wind can fuel fire with oxygen. Hmm, water is also free flowing, gentle as a stream and unforgiving as powerful riptides and tsunami. Continuing my breathing, looking for the water's energy, but I'm unable to feel any, is it because I'm not near a water source or do I have to concentrate on any tiny water like dewdrops. Biting my lips, I concentrate harder to find any water energy, even if its miniscule of water. Sweat rolling down my forehead as I continue to look for the energy until an idea struck me. Sweat is liquid as water, taking a deep breath, I feel the sweat on my forehead slowly lift up in the air as I feel its energy and continue to gather more sweat and few dewdrops from the distance. Opening my eyes, I see a little puddle of water in front of me in a bubble shape, floating in air. Using a finger, I make it swirl in the air and controlling where it goes until I let go to the ground.

         Now since I know how to control water, fire will be next since I can extinguish it incase it gets out of control. Fire eats everything in its path, can be low heat to warm up or it becomes so hot that it feels like your melting. It can't be controlled otherwise it will bite instead, maybe work along with it in order to maneuver it better. Turning my hands around that it's facing towards the sky, I think about the heat in my hands building until there's fire in my palm. Looking at my palms I see two flames, put it together and turns into one big flame. Taking one hand away, I allow the fire play through my fingers as I brush it, not burning myself. Let's see what I can do to see this work... I let the fire grow taller and taller, at the same time I notice the heat from the flame gets hotter as well that it starts stinging my hand. Wincing a little, I use my other hand and from a water ball and let it drizzle onto the flame, making it go back to the original size. Releasing the water ball back to the ground and transfer the flame to my other hand, I try again making it bigger but staying at the same heat, when its two feet long without burning my hand. Closing my fist, cutting the fire's supply causing the flame to burn out.

        Lastly earth, allows life to flourish, and be strong as a rock, the final element for me to control. Putting my hands into the earth, feeling its energy in the meadow, from the dirt to the flowers then to the trees surrounding the meadow. Feeling life energy flow through as I concentrate, willing for flowers to bloom in the meadow. With the nourishment of the water and sun, allowing the flowers to bloom, making the meadow look like it is paint from the sky. Taking a glance around me, I smile seeing how beautiful the meadow becomes then I try lift part of the earth up, but with no success. With a huff, I try again using all my energy, I slowly lifting up small part of the ground, floating in the air. Sweat continues to drip as it is heavy to keep it up in the air, I slowly put it back down onto the ground.

          Once I master the elements, I start working on combining them, for example, with wind I am combing it with either fire and water, for earth, combing water, and combining fire and water together. Time goes by from minutes and hours, that sky starts turning dark, so I decide to stop practicing for the time being. *Tick* Signaling to Protector and Guardian to follow me back to the pack house. We start racing our way back, and we are halfway there until we hear howling in the distance from a patrol wolf. Changing our course, we went straight towards where the howl is coming from.