14. The Talk (Akira's POV)

Author's Note: The picture is Black-Eye Being.

*After school, back at the house*

          We are all sitting in the living room since Erica told us that we all need to talk when we get home. I tried prying from her of where she has been since she wasn't at lunch nor in P.E. She wouldn't say a word and just said that she will explain everything and that we need to get Nikita and Erik involved too. Waiting for the two to get back here from their run, usually they would do it after they know we are back home, of course we are unable to mind-link them since both Cedric and I are humans and Erica a lone wolf.

          Few minutes later, Nikita and Erik came in through the back door that is connects directly to the living room. Both having wary expressions with their looks disheveled like, not liking it one bit, I rush towards them and circle around to find any visible injuries or bruises. Not finding anything, cursing under my breath for their werewolf's healing, knowing full well that they can hear me clearly. Sitting back down on the couch, with a low voice but loud enough for everyone to hear, "What the hell happened to you two?"

          "Watch your language, Akira. When we came here, we scented a scent that smells like death, unlike ferals smelling like blood and garbage, and rogues smelling like unpleasant odor. Unfortunately, we hadn't found where or any clue on who or what this scent is coming from and it's making us be constantly on alert. The reason we look like this is that we faced other rogues who are running away from something they call Black-Eye Beings, describing human-like creatures that their eyes is all black no whiteness whatsoever. They have enlarged, sharp claws and dagger-like incisors, both can be retracted, and nearly impossible to defeat without getting fatally wounded. " Said Erik as they both sit down on the loveseat.

          Listening quietly to their explanations, sensing a foreboding feeling that something more dangerous is behind it. "I will help you investigate and if you face these Black-Eye Beings, you two must notify us in order to help you out." I said as both Nikita and Erik nod their heads. "Right now, Erica wants to talk to us about something."

          Erica is fidgeting in her seat, trying to process her thoughts on what she wants to tell us until, "I found my mate," with a nervous voice. Nikita and Erik look happy, Cedric not bothering to care, and I raise an eyebrow for her to continue her talk. "His name is Alec Lupis, he's soon-to-be Gamma to Royal Moon Pack and he accepted me as his mate, and I accepted him as well."

          Again, with Nikita and Erik looking happy, but also shock and surprise of the events, taking time to recover from the news. "I'm so happy for you Erica, you deserve to have a mate and start a loving family together." Said Nikita, giving Erica a hug which she also hugs back.

          "That's not all, I found out that both Akira and Cedric both have mates, I know I shouldn't be saying anything, but I think they had the right to know, so to prevent from people getting hurt for flirting with them." Erica said, looking both at Cedric and I, as we just stare right back at her, thinking.

          I was somewhat surprise that I have a mate and knowing Cedric, he will be curious about this mate stuff. "May I ask how you know that we have mates and who they are?" I ask Erica.

          "Reason I know is because Alec brought me to his friends, Prince Maximus and soon-to-be Beta Conrad who also has found their mates. Prince Maximus is your mate Akira because he mind-linked your image, and I believe Conrad mate is Cedric because he said that his mate is your friend and the only friend besides me is Cedric. Prince Maximus wants me to introduce him to you as my friend and I hope you can get to know him too." Erica said.

           "And why should I get to know him? He can introduce himself to me if he wants to get to know me. Never know, we might not work it out and he will choose someone else who isn't stubborn and not a damsel in distress type of girl." I said, nonchalantly with a bored expression.

          Erik gets up and towers over me, " That is not true, soul-mates are made for each other and compliment each other. We don't get second chance mates, and if our mate rejects us can cause us to go feral. Basically, losing our human selves to be a wild, blood thirsty beast, and for a prince to go feral will be impossible to stop unless his own father kills him. Do YOU want that to happen to YOUR MATE?! If I had lost Nikita in anyway, I wouldn't be who I am right now, you wouldn't ever have of met me!" He says sternly, looking into my eyes, challenging me to deny the prince a chance.

           With a sigh and leaning against the couch, "I understand, I will give him a chance to get to know me and if I see that I can be with him forever, I will accept him as my mate. But I would like to know how can I, a human, recognize him as my mate?" I ask.

          Nikita comes and kneels down in front of me and holds my hand while Erik went to sit down on the love seat. "You can know he's your mate by looking into his eyes and the world around you cease to exists except for you and him, you will feel sparks once you touch with skin to skin contact, making you have butterflies in your stomach or being jittery around him. Constantly be in your thoughts 24/7 without you even trying to think about him," she said with gentle smile on her face. "Would you like to know about the mating process," she asks. I nod my head, so I know what to be prepared for. "Okay, so once you accept each other, first step will be marking you between your neck and shoulder, then next step can take your time, will be mating or in other words having sex or making love. Normally for she-wolves there is heat if not complete the process, so I do not know if you will have heat, it is most excruciating pain and only your mate can relieve you of that pain.

          Thinking what all Erik and Nikita said to me, I start thinking with thoughts that I can have someone who will accepts me for me and won't hate me for my past. Can finally feel love from someone who is meant for me and have my own family. With those thoughts, "I want to give it a try, but if he destroys my trust or he hurts me in anyway besides the mating process, then I'm done. Cedric are you going to give your mate a chance?" I ask looking at Cedric.

           "I will let him come and talk to me, get to know each other, I knew that you know that I'm gay since you have high observation skills," he chuckles, leaning back on the couch and I am nodding my head, showing that I understand his stance.

          "Alright, it's settles then. I will meet Maximus tomorrow, and he has to put an effort to get to know me. I will give this soul-mates thing a chance." I said, then went into my room, exhausted from everything that is happening. Unfortunately, I have a feeling that things are going to get hectic soon.