3. Start Anew

Few hours went by and we finally arrive to our destination, Mystic Lake, a place located close to the borders of Canada, but still in the United States. It is a small town that only has two schools, one for elementary students and the other for middle and high school students, a supermarket, few boutiques, a clinic, and a small gym. Houses are spread apart and not too close to each other, but we are still driving until we reached a decent house that looks like it could be mistaken as a cabin and I like that.

          Once the car stopped both Cedric and I got out and grabbed our bags and wait for Erik and Nikita to come and unlock the door. Of course, Erik chuckles at us as we are eager to start a new part of our lives, he finally unlocks the doors and we rushed to find rooms that we like. I took the room on the left upstairs while Cedric took the diagonally right of mine, smiling when I see what's inside, the room deep purple walls, black carpet and window panels, the ceiling reflecting like the night sky, a queen bed, mahogany dresser, 55in tv, and have an attached bathroom. It has a jacuzzi tub, standalone shower, closet next to the entrance of the bathroom, great which I would not have to worry about people going into my room when changing. Went back to her bedroom and start unpacking everything, which only took about half an hour and gone to check out Cedric's room.

          "Nice, almost like mine, but the color is blue, it suits you," I said while looking around his room and saw a glance of his bathroom, again same as mine.

          "I like it and I don't have to change the color to my room," said Cedric while he is putting away last of his items and looks at me. "Let's go check on Erik and Nikita, see if they need help with something."

          I nod my head and we both went downstairs and to look for them and exploring the house while we are at it. After the stairs, the living room is to the left, already furnished with furniture and a tv, on the right is the kitchen with all stuff you would need for a family of four, and behind the stairs leads to the garage. Going into the living room, there is sliding doors that lead to the backyard which is open with part of it looks like it can be used for gardening and the backyard is surrounded by dense trees. Thanking about the dense trees, I poked Cedric and tilted my head towards the trees and once he saw that he nodded his head, agreeing that we can use it to hone our skills in case we need it to help and protect Erik and Nikita from rogues.

          Hearing footsteps coming down the stairs, we both turned and saw Erik and Nikita come down and look in the living room. "I hope you two like the house and hopefully the town too since it has the least population we could think of. First though take a seat, so we can discuss what you two will be doing here." Erik said, while Nikita went to go out there to who knows where. Both Cedric and I nodded and sat on the couch while Erik went on to the chair. "At the moment Nikita went to get some groceries while we have this chat. You both will go to Mystic High as seniors starting Monday, so this will be your only year of school since we all know you are smarter than this but need a diploma. Here are the rules when going to the school, be respectful to the faculty of the school, do not cause any fights whatsoever, if someone start a fight, just defend yourself, and most important, don't let anyone know of your past, use the backstory that you both lost your parents, and adopted by Mr. and Mrs. Timber and moved here from Utah." Looking serious to use, showing how important this is.

           We both nodded and I said, "We agree with the rules since we want to live as normally possible that we can. Also, is it okay for use to be in the woods to hone our skills in case you two need any backup and get surrounded by rogues?" Watching his eyes swirl with emotions of shock, worried, and gratefulness.

          "That would be fine, but be careful, it not just rogues, but there is a pack nearby roughly two miles away and they also go to the same school where you two will be going. Do not and I repeat do not tell them that you both know that they are werewolves, they will treat it as a threat to the supernatural and both of you will be hunted down. Both Nikita and I see you guys as our children that we don't want anything to happen to you two." Erik said with a grateful smile.

          "Thank you and we will be careful, lets go Satan and practice since we only have four days when we go to school" I said while heading to the woods, waving at Erik.

          When we got to the tree line, we bolted, I took the tree top route while Satan stays on the ground. The only time we use our code name if there's danger or we are training, it is kind of a switch when we know when to use our skills and to take things seriously on the situation. For those four days, we trained everyday with our weapons and took breaks during lunch and dinner.