7. Bringing Erica Home

After two boring classes, it is time for P.E., finally something that we can work on our skills with but toned down. Both Cedric and I finalized in free time on how to convince Erica to come to our place, if one does not work, we have more for back-up. We entered the gym, the teacher Mrs. Wolfe who is also a werewolf, explained the rules and to get change into our gym clothes.

           I head into the girl's locker room and start changing in a black fitted tank top, black snakeskin, design leggings. I already notice who are going to be most troublesome in school or what most people would say "wannabe queen bees" with their loose fitted tanks with side slits and tight short shorts. Then I saw Erica and was about to head over to talk to her until I hear fast approaching steps behind me.

          "You must be new, I'm Cecelia and I am in charge of this school with Lilith and Trixie, and you better stay out of our way or else." The girl name Cecelia said.

          "Whatever, I'm not interested in dealing with self-centered people like you." I scoffed and walk towards Erica while the girls look angry at being told off and ignored.

          "Hey, Erica, I didn't know that you also have P.E for your last class, do you know what we will be doing today?" I asked, after tapping her shoulder. She turned around, surprised to see me, and still give a smile. I notice that she relaxes its just me and not anyone else, I wonder....is she also getting bullied here and how did the teacher not realize she is wolf too?

          "Oh, Akira, you startled me, but I didn't know either and I'm sorry. I know Mrs. Wolfe is planning dodgeball," she said, with her head down like she was guilty of something. Reminds me of a lost puppy, I should not tell her that though, she might get embarrass.

          "Cool, I'll stick with you and help you out." I said as we are walking out, the girls from earlier sending their glares at me, but that Cecelia girl, I am sensing blood lust oozing out. Tensing when feeling her gaze at me, I gave her a warning look and using my dangerous presence only to see it is not affecting her like anyone else, giving myself a note to keep an eye on her.

          We entered the gym and hung out with Cedric while everyone else is still coming in for their class. Mrs. Wolfe is in the center and once most of the students are in, she blows into the whistle. "Alright everyone, we are going to play dodgeball, people's last name start A-M go to the right N-Z to the left." Blowing the whistle after her talk. Luckily for us, we are on the same team and head to the left while the teacher put the balls spread out in the middle. Getting excited for once going to have a little fun, until I feel that blood lust and I am not surprise that its Cecelia glaring at me with a smirk on her face. I cannot wait when I get her face with the ball and her nose broken and bleed, but I cannot do that so I will have to settle with getting her out. Cedric stayed to the back since he is not as agile as I am and Erica next to my side with a concentrated look that makes her look cute.

           The whistle blows, signaling the start of the game, I stay where I am at which confused Erica. "It'll be more mayhem and getting out easily by rushing to the balls first." I whisper to her, she nods her head understanding, and stayed back with me. Not surprising already half of each team is out, Cedric, Erica, and I are still in, and I am not surprise those three girls are staying in the back to avoid getting hit. Both Cedric and I catch the balls while he hands them to Erica, I just throw it back at the other side and got one of the three girls out while Erica got the other girl, only Cecelia left.

          A few minutes later, only Erica and I are left, Cedric got out when multiple balls thrown his way, the other side is that girl Cecelia and a guy is left. The guy has good throwing arm, but it is not enough to win, throwing the ball at him and manage get his elbow. Same time I hear a yelp beside me, turning to look to see Erica on the ground and holding her arm with tears in her eyes. Checking out her arm and sigh with relief it's not broken, but it's going to bruise pretty bad later, helping her up I said, "Go to the nurses office, I will meet you later in front of the school." She nods her head and left, I face Cecelia who has a proud smirk on her face and I know I'm going to be talked about this later, but something is different about her, her presence doesn't feel like human nor werewolf, but something even more dangerous. She threw her ball which is faster than I had seen anyone throw, barely dodging it, I threw one ball as a distraction and threw another ball with more force in the direction she dodges. "Argh," she said as she landed on the floor holding her arm, I know it is not broken since I did not use my full force just half, but it will bruise badly as Erica's. Mrs. Wolfe dismisses the class, and everyone went to the gym and freshen up and put back our regular clothes.

          Final bell ringing, both Cedric and I head towards our lockers, putting away our books, and head towards the front of the school. Cedric went straight for his bike to wait while I wait near the entrance for Erica. Almost everyone is gone until I see her, I yelled, "Erica over here," waving my arm for her attention. Seeing me she heads towards me and stand right in front of me, I ask, "Since you are my only girl best friend and I noticed that you seem a little lost, but would you like to live with me and Cedric?"

          "How do you know that I'm lost? No one even notices except for you." She said, looking surprised and a little more defensive.

          "Reason is that me and Cedric are both foster kids and we can tell from their body language if they feel lost or uncertain about something." I said looking at her eyes, swirling with emotions like wary, scared, and hope.

          "Oh," she said, pursing her lips, thinking what she can do, then I notice her eyes went blank, probably discussing with her wolf. It took a few moments when she said, "You are right, I am lost since I have been trying to think where to sleep tonight and I would be very thankful to have a place to stay."

          "It is not just a place to stay, I hope you can consider it your home as well." I said while dragging her to my bike with big smile on my face. Once we got to my bike, she squeals at walks around my bike, "Do have stuff you need to get? I can drive you there."

          "No, all I have is in my backpack, and I absolutely love your guy's bikes, they are awesome." She said.

          "Alright" I said and hoped on the bike and keep it steady for her, "hop on and enjoy the ride." She finally got on and heads to our home with Cedric behind incase Erica falls off my bike and get hurt. She was holding my waist firmly, and I can hear her laughter and enjoyment of riding on my bike. Now I just hope Nikita and Erik will be accepting her and allow her to live with us since they know how it is to be lone wolves, and praying that she won't be too mad at me that I already know she's a werewolf.