22. Black-Eye Being (Akira's POV)

*Akira's Home*

          Parking our motorcycles into the garage, Erica hops off and goes into the house with Cedric following behind her. I stay on my motorcycle fuming, how dare they come back thinking that everything would be the things were a month and half ago. Did they expect us to run to them with hugs and tears, we aren't weak to just break down due to being ignored and left behind. Still fuming and grumbling under my breath, I dismount my motorcycle and head inside into the living room where I see both Erica and Cedric waiting for me.

          Sitting down on the loveseat in front of them, I asked, "What are your guys thoughts of them coming back?"

          Looking at each other, Erica bites her lips, "I am happy he is back, but he has to earn my trust back. Especially after you helped me to get back onto my feet, it's going to be like hell for him to earn that back. With the mate bond though, it pains me to ignore him and hurt him in any way, making me feel regret."

          Cedric being more laid back, having a bored look on his face, "Well, me and Conrad hadn't really gone far from each other than being friends and my feelings for him is just at good friends. I can forgive him once he tells me why he left and build our relationship further."

          Annoyed that they feel this way, but I would be a hypocrite if I said that I don't give a crap about him. Even though I am human, I can feel the bond between me and Max, feeling the emptiness when he left and the slight pain of bringing him to his knees while I threatened him. "I can't blame you guys, even though both Cedric and I are humans, we can feel the bond and it irritates me that these feelings can cloud my judgement and send me on edge. I'm going to go out for a run and clear my head."

          Standing up, I walk out of the room through the patio door and take a deep breath of the fresh air, clearing my mind. Start to run towards the trees, once I spot a sturdy branch, jumps up and climb up onto the branch. Looking around the area, finding nothing out of the ordinary, start leaping from branch to branch, tree to tree, feeling the wind rush pass me with my hair flying behind me, allows me to calm down and enjoy the scenery around me .

          Half an hour later, I'm still leaping from tree to tree until I hear whimpering sounds nearby, so I change my direction and speed up my speed to investigate the sounds that sounds so afraid. Whimpering gets steadily louder, I stop onto a branch directly below where I see two kids cowering into a hole of a tree, whimpering, and trying to become invisible from whatever they are hiding from. Anger course through my body, making me shake slightly as I follow their gazes towards a person that looks unruly and unkept.

          Whoever that person is, spots the two kids and starts running towards them, but before he got close to them, I jump off the branch landing in front of them and use a flying kick, sending him all few meters away into a tree. Hearing a loud thump from the impact of his body against the tree, collapsing onto the ground, but stands up a minute later. Giving me a good look of who I am facing, his clothing is full of dirt, mud, and blood, as well been ripped multiple of places, skin is pale like chalk, hands has razor-sharp nails just like his teeth but more ragged-edges like it can tear flesh like butter, but what made me more on edge is his eyes, it is completely black, no pupil and no white to see. What surprises me though, is his presence reminds me of someone at school, it's dark and malicious, and pure evil and destruction. My thoughts of this is that this is not going to be good and it will be a deadly fight.

          Instincts screaming for me to run, but I can't let these kids get killed by this guy, I would be blaming myself for another life lost due to not stopping anything. Getting into my defense position, as the person just smiles at me and charges, getting ready to strike at me. I dodge to the side and kick behind his knees, making him kneel while I put him in chokehold position. Tightening my grip around his neck, he keeps on struggling to get out of my grasp, unfortunately he ends up using his claws against my arm. Searing pain rush through my arm, forcing myself not to scream, I manage to through him to the side.

          Looking down at my arm, seeing deep cuts that almost reaches to the bones, and the blood steadily flowing out of the wound. Knowing I have to finish soon before I pass out due to blood lost, getting back in defense position. They guy is already charging at me with a raised hand, and once he's few feet from me, he strikes his hand down to slice me, but I deflected his attack and send a right-hook punch towards his neck.

          *Crack!* Hearing the crack from a broken neck, the guy collapses to the ground, dead and unmoving. With a sigh of relief, I walk to the children and kneel down to be their height, "Are you two okay?"

          The kids shaking, but the older kid who I realize is a boy is protecting what I'm assuming his little sister. "Thank you for saving up, lady." The boy said as looks at me relieved and calming down as he sees there is no danger.

           "Your welcome, I can't standby and watch innocent lives lost." I said as I asses their bodies to see any injuries.

          While I am checking for any injuries they could have until I heard the girl shout, "Look Out!!!"

          Unfortunately, I react too late and feel claws dig into my shoulders and toss me aside against the tree. My breath rushes out of my lungs from the impact and my chest giving out a sharp piercing pain, laying on the ground and trying not to pass out. I'm not going to be surprised if I broke a few ribs from being thrown to the tree. Hearing screams from the two kids, calling me for help, as I see the guy stalking closer to the kids. Struggling to get up, while watching the guy inching closer and closer to the kids, raising his hands and get ready to strike.

          Ignoring the pain in my body, I quickly get up and race to be in front of the kids as I realize I won't be able to stop his attack in time. Time seem to slow down as he lashes down towards the kids, crying out in my head "NO!" when I feel like a fire burning through my veins and found myself hugging the kids with my back facing the attacker. Taking the attack, I feel my flesh of my back open up and a burning pain racing through my back, taking in a deep breath, I push the kids back into the tree and turn around to face the attacker.

           Fire still burning through my veins, anger pulsating through my body continues to build up, unconsciously I bring my hand up and fire shoot from my hand and engulf the guy in blue flames. His screams pierced the air as he is burning alive, I feel like I am the one controlling the fire as it heats up more as I wish it can turn him into ash. After wishing that, the fire stop revealing a pile of ash where the guy stood, and able to relax now that he is gone.

         Feeling my body relax, all my energy seeping out of me as I collapse onto the ground, unable to move. I can hear the two kids rushing towards me, calling for me, but its sounds like they are far away and could barely understand what they are saying. Slowly darkness swallows me into its grasp as one thought came to me, "How was I able to do that?" Passing out from the pain and the injuries all over my body.

Author's Notes: Hey readers, just to let you know I appreciate that you are reading my story and that means a lot to me. What do you guys think what Akira could be, is she actually human or something else???  Don't forget to comment and vote, if you like this story. (●'◡'●)