19. They're Back (Akira's POV)

*Month Later*

          Jumping from branch to branch as I race through the trees while Erica is hunting me down from the forest below. Slowing my pace down until I land on a branch with a good view down below but looking up, I am invisible from all the leaves and branches in front of me. Kneels down so it will be even harder to see me, I quieten my breathing and listen for any sounds of movements.

          *Rustle*....*Crunch*.... Shaking my head as I hear sounds of bushes being brush my and leaves getting step on. *Snap* I look at my left, seeing a brown wolf stalking underneath me as she tries to locate my location. Slowly going through the branches until I am right on top of her, waiting for the opportunity to drop. Erica sniffing the ground, man how many times did I tell her that you can always find me in the trees. Drop down on top of her and put her in a headlock while she's bucking around, trying to get a grip on my legs with her teeth, rolling around in an effort to get me off of her.

          She keeps trying to get out of my headlock any way possible, but unfortunately for her, she's losing a lot of energy and starting to slow down. I tighten my grip on her neck until she collapses, staying in the position for a few seconds and let go of my grip. I got up and sit against the tree, waiting for her to catch her breath which might take awhile due to the heavy panting.

          Thirty minutes later, Erica finally catches her breath and gets up, walking behind the tree to shift. Coming out from behind the tree, she comes and sits next to me and asks, "Do you have to put me in a chokehold on me?" Giving me her "meanest" stare like she's very unhappy with me about that chokehold.

          Chuckling softly, I told her, "Well.... I have to get you prepared for all scenarios, for example if a feral or a hunter got you in a chokehold. I need you to be prepared and not panic when in a situation you can't get out of. Now tell me what you did wrong."

          With a huff, Erica lists off, "I wasn't quiet enough, especially snapping that twig underneath my paws, not looking up at the trees as you told me soooo many times, " with a roll of her eyes, "that you like to be up in the trees, and unable to get you off me."

          "That's true, I was able to hear you due to your carelessness to your surroundings, and observing your foes for example, if they use the trees most than on the ground, don't stay looking at the ground but the trees instead. If I wasn't your friend, but a feral or hunter, they will spot these weaknesses and use it against you. Now, do you want to know why you were unable to get me off of you?" I ask seriously, I don't want to lose my only best friend.

          Seeing my seriousness, she pursed her lips, "Why?"

          "You panic, without thinking you start trying with all your might to get me off of you, but you forgot to think of how to get out. Next time that happens, don't panic, just think on what you can do to get them off. If one way doesn't work, look at your surroundings to help you get free from their hold. Your number one enemy is panic, it will get you killed to blindly fight. Any way lets get back home and get ready for school." I said, gets up and starts running towards the house with Erica behind me.

*After School*

          Cedric, Erica, and I are walking out of school into an empty parking lot since we stayed for an hour doing our project. We are discussing many ways to present it to class and what way should we have it go towards. We are so busy discussing about it that we didn't notice them until someone clears their throat for our attention. Looking up, I see Alec, Conrad, and Max staring at us, standing between us and our bikes.

         Crossing my arms with Cedric on my right and Erica on my left facing their mates as well, I said, "What are you THREE doing here?" Not showing any emotions on my face, Erica following my stance while Cedric looks nonchalant about seeing them.

          Max's eyes flash with many emotions that I couldn't read them all, but wary, anxiousness, tiresome of the some I caught. Clearing his throat, "I know we were gone for more than a month and all three of you were hurt from disappearing all of a sudden, but we are back for you and we will explain everything."

          "You have no right to come back for us since you know clearly why. Did you even think we are easy to get by disappearing without any notice or why and come back thinking everything is going to be the way it was before?! Too bad! It won't, all three of you lost our trust and lets just say it will be even harder to get us back." I said nodded both Erica and Cedric to get to the bikes as I start going to mine.

          We are almost to our bikes until I felt a strong grip on my arm, looking at Max who has my arm. Glancing at the others as they were drag away to separate areas, most likely to try to convince them as Max will try to convince me. Gritting my teeth, I seethe out, "Let go!"

          "Look Akira, I know your mad at me, but I need to explain to you why I disappeared like that. I had no intention of leaving you after our first date that was one of my most amazing day of my life. Just give me a minute to explain." Max said, almost pleadingly.

         Anger rushed through my body and I grip his wrist, ducking under his arm and put his arm behind his back, bending towards his shoulders. When he tries to get out of my grip, I kick his knees out so that he is kneeling in front of me, yanking up his arm more, forcing him to lean forward. Leaning down so my mouth is a brush away from his ear and whispers, "Unfortunately for you, once you lose my trust, it's harder to gain. What I want you and your friends to do is to stay away from us, but maybe just maybe, if you work really and I mean really hard, I will let you explain to me." Pushing him away from me, I see Cedric on his bike while Erica is waiting for me on my bike. Looks like they had a little chat with them too. Hoping onto my bike, I start my engine and head back to our home, away from those three.