27. Where Is She (Max's POV)

*At the Mystic's Pack Packhouse*

          Waking up in my room from another sleepless night since I hadn't seen my mate for more than a month. Groaning while I am getting up and get ready to go to the school even though I know she won't be there again, and it is driving me crazy not able to see her or find her. Knight is already on my ass for losing her and hurting her by disappearing all of a sudden when we were getting closer day by day. But I had no choice since the loss of my parents, I had to take my father's place as king otherwise a bloodbath for the crown will take place.

         Heading out of my room with these thoughts in mind, I didn't realize Bri, the girl who claimed to be my mate waiting for me next to my room. Feeling her hug my arm, pressing her chest against my body as well, I instinctively shake her off, growling at her, "Don't you dare touch me again! For the last time we are not mates, you power-hungry she-wolf." I start walking around her to the stairs until I feel her hands again on me, making me growl.

         "But baby! We are mates and that pathetic human girl is a sociopath and psychopath, manipulating you into having feelings for her without having an attachment for you. But I truly love you because not of your title and power, but of your personality and how you take responsibility." Bri said while flaunting her body and showing her innocent eyes.

         Feeling disgusted at how she portrays that she is innocent, but I know its her white lotus act. There is one thing that nobody and I mean nobody should cross my bottom line and she just did. Snarling at her and wrap my hand around her neck, slamming her body into the wall, "How dare you insult my mate! You think you can make lies about your future Queen and act all innocent?!" My eyes turning black as Knight talks with me, "You will be punish for your crimes."

         Dragging her behind me as we go downstairs while Bri is screaming to let her go and that she's sorry and she won't do it again, but it's too late for that now. When we reach downstairs, everyone is watching in curiosity on what is going on as I continue to walk towards the back of the house towards the dungeons. Hearing whispers on what they are witnessing as I open the door to the dungeons, Alpha Nox came to the room and see where I am going.

          "My King, why are you bringing my pack member to the dungeons?" Alpha Nox ask as he is blocking my way.

         "Alpha Nox, stand out of my way. This pack member insulted my mate, your future Queen and trying to pose as my mate when I had told her many times that she is not. You already know the punishment for insulting any royal members. Now move aside!" I growl at him with my King's tone, making him submit to me and listen to my order.

         He movesout of my way; I continue to go downstairs to the dungeons where I see cellswith silver bars and silver handles on the door and each room has cement walls.Each cell is different, the closest to the door is for small offences/crimes,so they have small mattress and blanket. The middle is for more serious crimes,so it consists of metal bench with silver chains to confine them to their cell, but not long enough to reachthe door. Lastly the furthest and end of the hall is for ferals, unlawful rogues,and severe crimes and all it has is silver chains to hold the person to thewall with no light whatsoever.

         I decided it will be the middle dungeon where she will be chained in the room, but not having the comfort to stay in. With this thought in mind, I start walking towards an empty cell, of course this she-wolf realizes that I'm not going to use the nearest one starts crying and begging. It's no use though, she has to accept the consequences of her actions, and the guard nearby saw me coming, so with a nod of my head towards the cell, he opens it for me. When I step in, I force her to sit on the bench as the guard put the silver chains on her wrists which caused her to whimper from pain.

         With a huff, I left the dungeons as she starts to curse me for making her stay in the dungeons and threatens to make my mate pay for taking me from her. Growling at her threats as Knight want to shred her to pieces for threatening my mate, but I force myself to continue to walk all the way to my bedroom. Sitting on my chair near my desk as I try to figure out where my mate could have gone to.

         Both Conrad's and Alec's mates still goes to school and finally forgiven them, but Akira is still missing. Especially after the night I last seen her, Knight start getting anxious and been calling out for our mate. Feeling his anxiousness and dread of something bad had happened to her, I ran into the woods and shifted into Knight as we search everywhere for her but couldn't get a scent anywhere even at her home.

         This is a nightmare for me, I can't lose her and in order for her to understand is to explain what I am and what she means to me. She is my heart and soul; without her I am but an empty shell and will start losing my humanity. Thinking like this will get me nowhere, taking my phone out of my pocket and look for her number. Staring at it, this isn't the first time I had tried calling her the last month, but it went straight to voicemail. Taking a deep breath, I call her number and to my surprise it is ringing, praying to the Moon Goddess for her to answer her phone until I hear, "Hello."