32. Truths Unveiled (Akira's POV)

Feeling like I am floating in air as I realize I'm back to the familiar darkness, I wonder what I will learn this time. Looking around as there are no blue fires this time, so I decide to wander around. Reminding me of the song called, The Sound of Silence by Art Garfunkel and Paul Simon, start humming to the song as I look around to see if there is any sign that I'm not alone.

          A flash of light appears, forcing me to close and cover my eyes from the intensity. A cool breeze flows around me as well smell of the woods in early morning, opening my eyes, I see that I'm in a dense trees with varieties of wildlife such as deer, owls, birds, rabbits, etc., and the sun shining down from the foliage of the trees. "Welcome home my child." A soft voice said behind me.

          Turning around, I see a beautiful woman with brown hair and green eyes, lightly tanned skin, wearing a flowy white dress with gold accents, and an owl perch on her shoulder. Looking at her makes me feel like I'm at home which confuses me as I never seen her before. "May I ask, who are you?" I ask her with a tilt of my head watching her.

         Softly chuckling, "Dear, you have no need to be wary of me. Especially since that I am you mother." With a kind smile on her face as she gestures me to follow her through the wood. With a shrug of my shoulders, I follow her through the woods as the animals follow us and her owl turning its head to hoot at me.

        "So, miss... Where are you taking me? Plus, it is rude not to introduce yourself, you know." I said as I continue to follow her.

         "All in due time, my child and all your answers will be reveal to you." The lady says as she walks through the forest. All the animals following around us and they aren't scared to be around me. Some of them even rub their bodies against me as if to soothe me, honestly, I feel like I'm at home.

          Few minutes of walking in silence except for the birds chirping their songs, I start to wonder where she is taking me. Then a bright light flash ahead of us and what greet me is a clearing full of lush green grass, few flowers spread out, and a beautiful, glistening lake. Taking in a deep breath, smelling the fresh air as I hear yips ahead of me. Looking ahead, I see snow-white fox running towards me, but with the sun in my eyes, I quickly put my hand over my eyes to see better. That fox somehow looks familiar to me, like I had seen it before or maybe met somewhere in the past.

          With the fox coming closer, I notice that it has white fur and a huge tail behind, but for some strange reason that it's getting bigger the closer it gets. Widening my eyes as I realize that fox is far bigger, bigger than a wolf, unfortunately for me that fox collides into me, making me fall while it is rubbing its body against mine. Taking a closer look, I remember who this fox is but why does it have one big tail instead of nine, "It's nice to see you again, but what happened to your nine tails, you only have a big, fluffy tail now."

          The fox stares into my eyes as I get memorized at its sapphire-like eyes, a movement catches my attention to see the big, fluffy tail unraveling, revealing nine tails. Taking my breath away from its beauty, "Its beautiful, your beautiful."

          The fox purrs at what I said and continues to rub against me , I put my hands in its fur and feeling the softness and silkiness. Somehow, I feel connected to this fox as it was a long-lost friend. Glancing at the woman nearby, she is watching our interaction with smile and gentle look on her face. Nudging the fox to lay beside me as I sit up, staring the woman, "Now may I have your name, otherwise I will be going on my way."

          "My little sunshine, you have to be patient otherwise you will miss something important." A deep voice said out of nowhere. A swirl of bright yellow and orange flames next to the lady and guy appears. He has dirty blonde hair with green eyes, toned muscles, tannish skin, and wearing white and gold-lined shorts. Watching their interactions, the guy wraps his arms around the woman and holds her close with a kiss to her cheek.