41. Warning (Max's POV)

*Later that night*

          Looking at the clock to see its already midnight, sighing as I can't get to sleep after knowing about Akira's life. I can't even fathom of how her younger self felt, if it were me, I would probably lose myself to my wolf and become feral. Losing control where your wolf gains full control only happens when you constantly kill lots of people and force your wolf into what is called bloodlust. I had read about bloodlust, basically when the human side enjoys killing for fun, it makes his/her wolf lose reasoning of right and wrong and cause great anguish that in order to protect itself, they only rely on their instincts which can be flight and fight response.

         Knight is constantly growling and alert for anyone or anything that will be a threat to Akira's happiness and safety. Taking in deep breathes and exhaling out slowly to calm Knight down and hold Akira close causing her to stir and cuddles into me more, her head on my chest. I slowly move her hair behind her ear, kiss her forehead as I slowly give into sleep with her in my arms.

          Few moments later, opening up my eyes to see that I'm looking at a cloudless, blue sky with birds chirping and flying. Quickly standing up to see that I'm in a meadow filled with various flowers and beautiful vast lake, glistening from the rays of the sun. Taking in a deep breath, fresh crisp air and walk towards the lake, only to see it is crystal clear and fishes swimming around.

          "Welcome, my child." A soft, tender voice says behind me. I spin around to see a woman with silver hair and eyes, dress in glittering silver dress and besides her makes my eyes bulge out seeing it is my wolf, Knight.

           "Who are you?" I ask as Knight walks to me and stand beside me, huffing. Look at him with a "what?" expression on my face.

          "My name is Selene, the Moon Goddess." She says as a woman and a man both dressed in white with gold lining. "And these two who just appeared are Artemis," pointing to the woman on the right, "and Apollo," pointing to the man on they left.

         "Goddess Selene!" I kneel down, baring my neck to her to show my respect. "If I may ask, why are we here?"

         "There is no need to kneel to me, so stand up because I have a warning to tell you." Selene says with a serious and grim face.

           Hearing how serious she is, I instantly stand up, tensing since it is a warning form the Moon Goddess could mean either life or death, possibly even worse. Knight instantly becomes alert and attentive as well, quietly growling from any threat that will come to us.

          "Darkness is coming and will overtake the world if it's not stop. Day will be turn into night, only when the darkness gains more control. Someone important is the key and if that person is lost... chaos will rule the world." Selene says.

          Knight growls loudly as he hears the warning, and me well... Its not going to be easy, but I can't let it happen. Everyone and everything is at stake, not just supernatural, but humans as well will have their lives changed to worse. "Tell me, Moon Goddess. Who is this person is, so that we have a greater chance at beating this darkness." I say, looking straight to her eyes, pleading.

          "Unfortunately, I cannot tell you anymore, otherwise I am interfering with fate and destiny. It will only guarantees defeat for whole world." She says and disappears, leaving Artemis and Apollo behind.

           I start pacing back and forth, thinking what is coming and how can day turn into night? Its not heard of, unless... Glancing at the two gods that is watching me, " May I be so bold and ask, what does the Selene the Moon Goddess meant by her warning?"

           Artemis sighs and shakes her head while Apollo's face becomes sterner and more disappointed. "We are not allowed to give you the answers that you must seek for yourself but know this that someone is our child and a lot more is at stake than you think." She says and disappears. Apollo is the only God left here, but when I was about to ask, his eyes flash gold and disappears.

        "Now what am I going to do? If they won't be able to help me, I must find out when the attacking and who can save us from the darkness." I say out load until everything turns black.

Akira's POV

         Leaning behind the tree where Max and Knight unable to spot me, I listen to the Moon Goddess, Selene give him a warning of what's about to come. Rubbing my face as she told him someone important is the key, but he not realizing that it's someone important to him and I know instantly what days turns to night mean. Which is a solar eclipse that will happen in a week from today, but it's not an ordinary one, but a super solar eclipse that will last for an hour or more.

          Looking by shoulder is Flare laying his head down on my right shoulder while his body is snuggles up around my neck. Gently scooping Flare into my arms, she "Yips" at me and I say, "sorry for disturbing your sleep, but I need you to promise me something."

          Staring into my eyes, Flare asks, "My friend, I will do anything to help you and you don't have to ask since I'm your spirit animal, I'm meant to help you."

          Smiling softly, "Thank you, I would never ask for a better spirit animal than you. I need you to promise me that if anything happens to me, you will watch over Max. You can talk to him, stop him from doing anything stupid and reckless. Also, during the fight, keep him safe for me." I ask.

          "You are the best Goddess I have ever paired with and I'm happy we are bound together. But I am meant to protect and help you, if I'm not there to do so, something probably bad can happen to you." Flare stands alert.

            "Flare... I've been through worse things that can happen, but I know Max will not be able to handle it alone if something happens to me, so I need you to help and support him for me. If for some reason I disappear, just know I will find my way back home. Can I count on you to watch over Max?" I softly run my fingers into her fur.

          "Sigh... Fine, I promise to watch over him, but if you do disappear, I will punish you myself for making me worried." Flare grumbles and goes back to sleep.

         Chuckling quietly and look up to the sky, I just hope my instinct is wrong and everyone will make it out alright after this war.