24. Surviving Rogues Pt. 1 (Akira's POV)

AN: Almost 300 reads, thank you so much. I appreciate the time you guys put in to reading my story. Please comment down below on your thoughts and opinion on the story so far. 

          With a sigh, I sit up on the bed with my back leaning against the headboard as I take in my surroundings. Basically, a plain cabin room that has a full size, white bed, on each side has end table with white lamps on top and one has that portable ECG machine, couch on the right side of the room, and two doors, one is leading into the rest of the house and the other possibly either a closet or bathroom. There is a little cot next to the bed with the two kids are on, cuddling up with one another, little snores can be heard from them.

          I start moving my body slowly to assess the damage done to my body from the fight with the Black-Eye Being. Shock that I'm not feeling any pain on my back, chest and arms that took the most damage, just soreness like I overused my muscles during exercising and training. Looking down to my arm, the deep gash that was there is now a light pink scar, scrunching my eyebrows, I got out of the bed without waking the kids and walk to the bathroom. Feel like lead to get to the bathroom, but once there I turn the knob and enter the bathroom, locking the door behind me. Taking my shirt off, I turn around, so my back is facing the mirror and took a look at the mirror, seeing my back is the same as my arm with light pink scars.

          After looking at my back, I look through the bathroom only to find bare necessities such as shampoo, conditioner, soap, towels, toothbrush, toothpaste. Setting the toothpaste, toothbrush, and towel on the sink counter, the shampoo and conditioner on the side of the tub. Standing next to the tub, I turn on the warm water and set it up where the shower starts running, closing the shower curtains in the process, while the shower warms up, I take the rest of my clothes off and set it on other side of the sink counter, and gone into the shower to clean off the dirt and blood that is dried into my hair.

          Half an hour later, turning the shower off and sliding the shower curtain to the side, I step out and grab the towel, drying my hair. Feeling that I dry my hair enough, I wrap the towel around me as I walk to the sink, looking into the mirror. Bite my lips softly, turn the faucet on and start brushing my teeth, "grumble... grumble..." Hearing my stomach grumbling, I think to last time I had ate which would have been yesterday at breakfast.

         "Just great, well hopefully whoever is here is nice enough to allow me to eat." I mumble under my breath and put my clothes back on, then head out of the bathroom. Taking a glance at the kids to see that they are still sleeping, I silently step out of the room, instantly hearing murmurs and whispers coming from downstairs. Following the sound of the voices, leading me to the staircase, so I silently went down and stay to the side of the entry way, eavesdropping onto the group in that room.

         "Why did we have to bring that girl with us? Who knows how dangerous she can be, even if she did save your kids Alpha. Had you seen the burn marks and ashes that was left, it could have been one of our people, not the Black-Eye Being that the kids said it was." A stern voice said.

         "You know we had been attacked by them before and still are since they followed us here. If it weren't for my parents, the late Alpha and Luna, we would never made it out alive with the group we brought with and now, we are considered as rogues. I will believe in my kids' words since no one else knew what happened in that small clearing. Once she wakes up, I will be questioning her on what happened at that clearing." The deep voice said with authority and a hint of a growl.

          "I understand Alpha." The stern voice mumble with resignation.

          Silence fell after that, probably mind-linking each other, so I decide to lean against the wall of the entrance, staring at the group of people who are into their heads not realizing I'm right here. After a few minutes of waiting to see if anyone notices, I shake my head that they are defenseless if they don't pay attention to their surroundings. "Cough, cough." Clearing my throat to get their attention.

          They instantly turn their heads to my direction with wide eyes like they are shock to see me here without them noticing. Raising an eyebrow silently saying as what, I've been here for a while now. Wondering which one of them will speak of first, I'm leaning towards the one who doesn't trust me at the moment. It seems my guess to be correct as the guy across the one I'm presuming the leader and who doesn't like me states, "See what I mean, she easily sneak up on us and who knows, she could of killed us without anyone knowing."

          "Enough, Devin! You are dismiss and so is everyone else here, disperse, as for you lady, care to follow me to my office." The one leaking authority said while heading to the office he mentions.

          Following behind him, I look around, noticing that there are just bare necessities for a cabin and nothing extra nor valuables around. Not even photos hanging around the area, they must be prepared to leave a moment notice from what I overheard. Clenching my hand into a fist from all the hardships that they faced from these Black-Eye Beings that they are forced not to seek help from other packs. Might have to ask why they hadn't tried that yet, unless none of nearby packs were their allies.

          We both enter his office, he sits on his chair behind the desk while I am sitting on the couch to the side, leaning back, relaxing. Sensing his stare on me, I turn my head to face him and wait for him to start. "My name is Zack Fang, and I got a few questions to ask."