Chapter 34: The Sensitive subject

~~~ Y/N POV ~~~

     I saw someone swinging a sword at me. I lifted my hand and caught it. I looked at this person with wide eyes.

???: "No one has managed to catch my blade before. Not when I am enhanced to this degree. I commend you for that. I guess this does mean that this will be a great fight."

     The person smiled as they tried to reel their sword back, and then frowned when they found that they couldn't pry it from my hands. The took their fist and clenched it, swinging at my stomach, I let go of the sword and jumped back. They stumbled back as the sword suddenly swung up.

???: "Hmm, I guess we could save the spar for some other time, but for now, we must welcome you back to the group. Gluttony."

(y/n): "What? Wait, you're one of the 7, oh, I remember now. I actually had a hard time recognizing you with this light. You were, you were 1, Purple."

Pride: "The name is Pride, excuse you. Now we haven't much time, Lust will be back soon, and they, well no offense, but they want to rip your head off."

(y/n): "Oh is that all?"

Pride: "Interesting reaction."

(y/n): "Honestly, I have been through so much I already feel like my head has been ripped off many time. Getting shot through the brain doesn't help."

     They stopped and looked at me, looking me up and down, before smirking and continuing.

Pride: "Very few can say they were shot in the head and survived."

(y/n): "Also, by the way, while I don't exactly get the murdery vibe from you, I just wanted to know. Why don't you want to kill me?"

Pride: "Well this is a rare occasion, one of us managed to die, and yet live on at the same time. Whether you like it or not, you are the new Glutton. He is apart of you until you die."

     As we exited the throne room I saw a pile of blood and a gruesome body next to the doorway. I grimaced and reeled back.

Pride: "Yes, of all of the sins, Gluttony is I would say, the ugliest."

     I looked at them.

(y/n): "I did that? Not again."

Pride: "Yes, you will get used to it. We all naturally were able to accept and become the sins that were planted into us, being original hosts, but I did not realize that the same could not be said for future generations."

     We made it to another room, there were four other people there. One of them was Envy, the one who tried to take my abilities. Another one stood up, she made her way toward me.

Wrath: "It seems you gave Envy there a bit of a scare. Something about being too hard to handle."

Pride: "Oh trust me Wrath, they stopped my blade, with their bare hand at that."

     The two others, who were minding their own business looked my way.

Wrath: "Really now? Just now? In the other room. Damn, that's some power."

Pride: "Oh please, you caught my blade before."

Wrath: "Yes, but you have a lot more followers now. This could be interesting."

(y/n): "Is it really that big of a deal?"

Pride: "Oh trust me, it's a big deal."

     I looked around the room. I wonder what they would think if I told them, that I actually have the ability to stop almost any attack. One of the two people I haven't met yet stood up. She frowned.