Chapter 38: Lifted Weights

~~~ (Y/N) POV ~~~

     I finished doing my weapon sets for the day. It is very time consuming to continuously use all of my weapons multiple times as exercise, but it works. Now I am onto multiple punches and kicks with specific forms to help refine my martial arts ability. It is pretty embarrassing just punching at nothing over and over again, but it does help. My punching has gotten a lot more accurate, and a bit faster. I decided to try to stop my fist before it comes in contact with things to help with control. 

          ~~~ Time Skip ~~~

     I was laying down, tired. After my punches I decided to re do my whole practice session. It was hard keeping up my Black Hole Form. I slowly got up and stretched, getting my muscles and tendons loosened up and relaxed after that exercise. I took in a deep breath and transformed into my Black Hole Form. I stood still as I went on a test for endurance, seeing how long I could hold it. Although after about five minutes, my form went out. I grabbed a towel and wiped off my sweat. I need to be able to gain more control, and always keeping myself tense, and always holding back isn't helping. I need to see what happens when I truly relax. I took a deep breath, held it, and exhaled, relaxing more and more as I breathed out, my stress leaving as my lungs emptied. My eye closed, and for a moment, I stopped worrying about what might happen. In an abandoned ruin, with no one around, and barely anything to destroy. I felt something wash over me, as I stopped holding back, entirely. I opened my eye to see darkness, but it wasn't my void. I looked up to see a very dull circle in the sky. It was almost like looking at the solar eclipse with special glasses on, but with a bit brighter, and not just a ring. I looked closer at the arena and saw that there were shadows dancing around the pillars, and the seats. I looked at myself, I didn't feel stressed, I didn't feel tired, I felt warm, and normal. Maybe it was so hard to get into my Black Hole Form, because it was like trying to maintain a leak in a cracked dam, with all that pressure. I transformed back, it felt like a smoother transition. I was still relaxed, and yet I felt like I had more control then ever. Walking to the teleport pad I felt faster, I raised more arm and stretched, there was a liberating feeling of strength, like I had finally let go of something, like a weight has been lifted off my entire body. I looked around and smiled. Teleporting back to the Temple I saw Pearl and Amethyst talking. 

Pearl: "Aw, (y/n), perfect. Garnet was looking for you. She is going to be helping you with your emotional training."

(y/n): "Oh cool. So where is she?"

Pearl: "She said to meet her in her room."

     I squinted at Pearl.

(y/n): "Are you sure? She used to never let anyone in there, especially invite them, we had to sneak in there."

Pearl: "You what?"

(y/n): "Nothing, well I will be in Garnet's room, have fun."

     I opened Garnet's door and entered. I saw her standing by the lava well.

Garnet: "(y/n), perfect. Come here."

     I walked over to her. She looked my up and down, and then pushed me into the lava. I stood up quickly and got out, not wanting my clothes to burn. I turned to her to shout when suddenly, I saw Sapphire there, and she thrust her arm out. My eyes widened as I felt a familiar pain. The pain of a hole in my chest. I grit my teeth as I looked down. My vision started to tint red, before fading back to normal, and going red again. The red kept fading in and out.

(y/n): "What, the actual, fuck."

     I pulled myself off of the icicle. Ruby was looking at Sapphire, who seemed to be trying to keep a calm face, but was sweating. I calmed down a bit.

(y/n): "I am not going to stand here and deal with that. Good bye."

     I walked to the exit as I felt something in the back of my head. A punch. I looked behind me to see Ruby landing, presumably from a jump, that allowed her to hit my head. I clenched my fist and glared.

(y/n): "You are going to stop that right now."

     I took another step when my feet were frozen to the ground.

Sapphire: "I am impressed. You would have normal broken already."

(y/n): "Let's just say I have been feeling a bit liberated lately. Now can you let me go?"

Sapphire: "The point of this exercise was to test your temper and it's limits. You have done better then in the past, but that doesn't mean that the lesson is over, we barely even started. Now let's sit down, and have a chat."

     We sat down, Sapphire and Ruby fusing back into Garnet.

Garnet: "When you feel overwhelmed. When you feel enraged, guilty, sad. It is often best to take a deep breath and compose yourself before you do something you regret."

     I thought long and hard about this message. Well no duh. Easier said than done. 

Garnet: "Remember that your emotions do not control you, and it can be difficult, but you control your emotions."

(y/n): "I can't just control my emotions. I feel how I feel, and it is just getting harder and harder, I just get angrier and angrier. I try to keep it in, but it's so hard to just not lash out."

Garnet: "It is easy to get angry. But you need to keep yourself in control if you want to keep a clear head, if you want to be better in combat. Then you need to keep a level head."

     I sigh and nod.

Garnet: "From now on, make sure to take at least an hour of your time a day, to sit down and meditate. Not on your abilities, not on your strength, and not just on your emotions."