Chapter 39: Seeds of Sin

~~~ (Y/N) POV ~~~

          I was looking at a pair of large doors to an overly extravagant palace. 

|Haunting Voice|: "You don't need them. They'll just drag you down. They will want to make you theirs'."

          I ignored the voice as I opened the doors. There is an extravagant hall with a gilded red carpet with gold accents. I admired the leafy patterns as I walked forward. There were paintings along the wall that seemed to show the various sins progressing through the times. Changing clothes and styles. At the end of the hall was a set of stairs that went up and turned to the right to lead to a balcony catwalk area. I climbed the stairs and saw that the right side expanded to a dining hall area, with doors along the entire room.

|Haunting Voice|: "They'll just see you as a nuisance you know? As soon as you come crawling back to them, they will think of you as weak and throw you out."

          I continued to walk, getting cautious, not knowing where the inhabitants were. I reached the end of the table, putting my hand on the head chair, the largest of them all. My head snapped to ahead of me as the door opened and pride casually walked in, not surprised by my presence at all.

Pride: "Welcome back, I assumed you have come to talk? Or did you want to have another spar?"

(Y/N): "I'll pass on that."

Pride: "You know, I just have to know. Did you already get used to the 'Glutton for punishment'? Or are you just really good at taking hits?"

(Y/N): "What is glutton for punishment?"

|Haunting Voice|: "Don't listen to them, they will just lie to you."

          Pride smiled for a moment before continuing.

Pride: "What did he say to you? Well it doesn't matter. Glutton for Punishment is the name of Glutton's main unique skill. As long as he is hungry, getting hit only fuels him. At the cost of getting rid of his 'famished state'."

Pride: "Considering you don't know what I am talking about, then I must say. Your body is quite durable, I mean regeneration is one thing. But to keep taking hits like those, and keep on chugging through the force. Fascinating."

(Y/N): "Thanks but that's not what I am here to talk about."

Pride: "But it is what I am here to talk about. So a Diamond huh? What's your aura do exactly? What's your special trait? And from here on out I will let you know, that I have ears of pride, I can instantly detect any lie that is spoken to me."

(Y/N): "So your whole thing is that you can't effect other people a lot, but you give yourself, what, a bunch of 'passive buffs'?"

Pride: "Don't dodge the question. Tell me."

(Y/N): "Ok, my whole specialty, is nothing. I am nothing."

          Pride frowned for a moment.

Pride: "But, that can't be it. If you are a Diamond, then you have to have something. Ok then, how did you come to be? Part Diamond, Part Human. You said you were a product of war?"

(Y/N): "Yes, and no. I was born this way. But my gem is not mine."

Pride: "So you can bypass my effect huh?"

(Y/n): "I don't know, let's test it. I am a banana and I hail from the planet mercury."

          Pride's face changed to confusion, bafflement, and anger. They stood for a moment trying to collect the many thoughts I surely scattered.