Chapter 37: Time is of the Essence

~~~ (Y/N) POV ~~~

      We were in the sky arena where Pearl trained Connie on how to use a sword. Pearl had been caught up, and Steven and Pearl were going to help me with my fighting. Steven started to stretch.

Steven: "So far, I have been able to stop time by wanting to just escape the moment, or when I had to do a lot of things at once. So, you just need an intense feeling of wanting or needing time to slow down."

     I nodded my head while thinking for a moment. I thought back to many moments in my life when I couldn't catch a break. I thought about now, how I was still training for a fight instead of resting, because it always feels like I never had a moment to rest. I thought about my desire to just lay down and sleep. How I wish I could go back to about a week ago when I was sleeping comfortably instead of having to deal with all this sin stuff. I let my aura consume me as I went into my black hole form. I closed my eye and felt the world slow, just wanting a single god damn moment to sit down. I saw Pearl and Steven staring at me. For a moment I was disappointed until I realized they weren't blinking. I smiled as I walked toward the seats of the arena, and took a seat. The feeling of moving through the timeless air was weird, it rushed by me, and yet it was so gentle as I moved through it, making my own path through the air. As I sat in the seats I took a nice deep breath, and I relaxed a little bit, but not too much, I didn't know what kind of powers I would unleash if I stopped keeping a leash on my aura. And I was pretty sure that Gluttony wasn't frozen since he was apart of me now. I looked at the two standing, still turned to where I was. This, this is nice. I wish I could do this all the time. Whenever I want, that would be cool. I closed my eye again and leaned back. Until....

Pearl: "(y/n)?"

     I opened my eye.

Steven: "Did you teleport?"

     I shook my head with a simple smile.

Pearl: "You look, very relaxed for someone who just moved at an exponential rate."

(y/n): "I slowed time, simply by wanting to catch a break, so I took this time, or lack of time, to just sit down, and chill out. That was nice."

     Pearl and Steven looked at me, confused.

Pearl: "Well you will have to practice that later, right now it is time I teach you how to use your weapons. You are going to be able to use multiple forms for each of your weapons, including your hands. I have been learning about your human's martial arts."

(y/n): "Ha, ninja Pearl. That's funny."

     Pearl looked at me confused as Steven held in a laugh.

(y/n): "I know, I know. You are serious. Let's get started then, but just remember it is expected for humans to take years and years to perfect and master a martial arts. Since it is not just about the moves, but muscle memory, forcing these moves to be ingrained in the very fibers of your being, and muscle."

     Pearl beckoned me to the center of the arena while grabbing an ordinary looking hammer from her gem. 

Pearl: "So, a warhammer is a weapon that is best used by someone with a lot of strength, but no matter who you are, a hammer will always work best with centrifugal force. So by carefully arranging your grip, you can use minimal force on the rise, and add force to the fall of the head. This can cause the hammer to do a lot of damage as it falls on your opponent. But it is often used by swinging sideways. It is difficult to pull of, but you can have more of a diagonal swing if you start to change direction of movement as the head rises. This does decrease the efficiency of the attack, but it does allow attacks a certain angles which can be very useful in many situations."