Chapter 29: Not Quite Human

~~~ (Y/N) POV ~~~

     I was walking back home from the gym when everything went dark. I seemed to have slipped into my void. I looked around for a moment and took a calm breathe. Whatever this is, it will pass. Soon I will be back home. I got a splitting headache, a ringing in my ears, and I closed my eyes, grabbing my head in pain, grunting. I felt the solid ground on my knees and the weight of gravity felt intense with all this sensational overload. I opened my eyes and blinked a bit, vision slowly returning as the headache and ringing went away. I slowly stood up, a bit wobbly.

     I walked out of my room and headed downstairs. That was weird, and I am feeling a bit, hungry. I walked to the kitchen and started making dinner. I grabbed a granola bar, sliced up an apple, made a sandwich with turkey, ham, cheddar, muenster, lettuce, mayonnaise, mustard, pickles, and olives. I added a banana, yogurt, and a smoothie on the side. Sitting down at the dining table, I got excited at the meal I prepared, and I started to eat. There were footsteps as (M/N) entered the room.

(M/N): "Oh, it's just you, glad you are back home, but didn't you say you don't need to eat?"

(Y/N): "I thought so too, but I just felt a little hungry, so I made myself something."

(M/N): "A little hungry? You seem to be wolfing that down."

     I finished my dinner and looked around.

(Y/N): "Maybe I am more hungry than I thought."

    I got up and started looking for something else I could add to my dinner.

(M/N): "Is everything okay?"

    I started to clench my fist, the borders of my vision starting to get a very light pink hue.

(Y/N): "I just... I need..... Food.... Hungry...... Something!"

     I was making brisk, furious steps around the kitchen. There's nothing good here. Why am I so god damn hungry? Where is some good damn food? There's nothing here! My vision was starting to go red.

(M/N): "(Y/N), calm down, your eye is, changing colors, both of them."

     I snapped my head to her. I heard her heart beat, her blood rushing, the sounds of footsteps and cars outside, the sound of air passing by the groaning trees on this windless night. I took in a sniff and I smelled (M/N)'s perfume she puts on for work, I smelled dirt, bread, cheese, and meat. A lot of meat, and something else, something alluring, something I just had to get. I made my way past (M/N). I opened the door and started walking before stopping in the driveway. I took another sniff, and turned my head toward the smell, the forest. Something in there, I needed to get. What is that? It is so familiar, but so, new. It smells, so good. I started to run into the forest. I felt the air passing me, I couldn't see too well with the world of red and orange around me, but I felt the trees nearing as I moved, the air told me when there was something in my way, and when there was something in my way, there was only one thing I had to do, tear through it. I ripped through brush and tree, log and leaf, until I found myself stopping. I took another sniff, it was so strong, so near, but I couldn't find it. Where is it? It's right here, but I can't find it. My vision got redder and redder as I searched for the source of this strange scent, I could barely think any more. There was a snap of a twig, and then........

          ~~~ Timeskip 1 Day (Y/N) POV ~~~

     I woke up and sat up, rubbing my eye and yawning. I was in bed, but I don't remember much. I got up and smiled, feeling very content for some reason. I went into the bathroom and looked in the mirror, and I froze, my eye going wide. I leaned into the mirror to take a closer look at my gem, because there was something about it, one of the seven edges of my gem was glowing a faint orange. The bottom left edge glowed, while the other edges seemed to have become grey, like they were missing something. I then took a close look at my eye, since it looked very bloodshot, and strained for some reason. I went back into my room, got fully dressed, and put my eye patch onto my gem. It's been a while old friend. I made my way downstairs and saw the gems in the living room. I tried to sneak past them, but failed.