Chapter 28: A Heavy Atmosphere

I woke up and got out of bed, heading down to the backyard. I have done quite a bit of gem training and stuff, why don't I switch things up. I opened the door to the house and made my way to the gym.

     The gym was fairly busy, people were walking around, running on the treadmill, lifting weights, doing stretched and yoga, and more. The weights area seemed to be the least busy, so I went ahead and moved to the standard barbells to get started. Just to keep things light I two twenty pound plates on each side. As I started to lift, someone made their way over.

???: "Hey, you need a spot?"

(Y/N): "Oh, uh, no thanks, I am good."

???: "You sure? A lot of amateurs hurt themselves by lifting heavy weights without someone to help."

(Y/N): "Thanks, but I am just keeping things light for today, I am good."

???: "If you say so."

     They walked off as I continued my lifting. Though as things continued I slowly added a few more weights until I felt that any more would start to be a bit of a struggle. As people walked by, I heard chatter going on in the background.

???: "Have you heard about what's going on in Beach City. I think there is some sort of reality app people are using there, because I keep seeing videos on tube tube about weird creatures such as humanoid and non humanoid rock things."

???: "I know right? And there must have been some big boss event with that big drill thing, the app makers must have done a lot of work to make it so realistic, and the cracked streets and everything? It's so consistent, I wonder what it's called."

     I chuckled a bit. Of course, crystal gems aren't a common thing among people. So this is how the rest of the world interprets these events.

???: "Yeah, it's crazy. What if the app only works there?  I mean it would be hard to make the app so realistic for every single spot on the planet right?"

     The two friends continued to chat and walk until they saw me.

???: "Dude. Look at their eye, it kind of looks like one of the gem things those characters in the app have."

???: "Yeah, either that is a coincidence or they are a big fan of that app."

???: "Hey you."

     They started walking over, so I set down the bar and sat up.

(Y/N): "Yes?"

     I knew what they were gonna ask about, but it was rude to eavesdrop so I better just play dumb.

???: "Do you know about that app thingy everyone is using in Beach City."

(Y/N): "Oh Beach City? I actually just came from there, nice place."

???: "Really? What was it like?"

(Y/N): "Well normally, fairly calm. A few disasters here and there, but great place, amazing sights, fairly exotic things there, like the food, a bit of the culture and people, even some of the technology there is just, out of this world. If you were thinking about visiting, I would definitely recommend it."

???: "Did you say disasters? Like what?"

(Y/N): "Well, there's the slight earthquakes, a few hostile invasions by non-natives, but that ends just as sudden as it starts so it is never a problem for regular residents. But great place, if you heard of Sadie killer and the suspects, that is actually where they started."

???: "Sadie Killer and the Suspects? I heard of them, didn't they have a concert there during a boss event for that app?"

(Y/N): "Well, there is one problem I have to mention real quick. You keep mentioning this app. What is it you are referring to?"