Chapter 3: Truth and Rejection

~~~ (Y/N) POV ~~~

As I stood there, Pearl, Garnet, Steven and Amethyst ran to the circular pad again.

Pearl: "I am sorry about what happened, but we need to go right now."

They disappeared in the beam of light as I ran out the door, trying to look for my aunt. I ran to the house and knocked. She opened the door and saw me.

(A/N): "What. What are you?"

(Y/N): "A human. I can just do some, weird things."

(A/N): "Like what?"

She said as she slowly retreated.

(Y/N): "I don't know everything yet, so I am not completely sure."

I said, looking down, sad that I had become a freak in the eyes of another family member.

(A/N): "But, what ever it is it can't be from (F/N) side of the family, we're completely normal. It must be (M/N)'s fault. She...."

(Y/N): "It's neither of their fault. I was just born this way, we don't know how."

I look down and walk away. I walk to the boardwalk and I sit on one of the benches. Thinking about how I messed up. I should have never taken off my patch. After a bit Steven found me.

Steven: "Hey. You okay?"

I nod my head.

Steven: "It will be getting dark soon, you should probably head home."

I shake my head.

Steven: "Are you sure you're okay?"

I sit still. Not wanting to say anything. Not wanting another person to judge me.

Steven: "You can stay with me at the temple if you have to."

After a moment, I nodded and got up, following Steven as we walked to the temple. He got a pillow and a blanket I could use as I slept on the couch.

~~~ Time Skip ~~~

I woke up in the Temple. Steven and Connie were leaving to go to her house.

Steven: "(Y/N), wanna come with us?"

Connie: "Steven, you sure you want to invite them? Your just dropping me off, it's not like anything is going to happen."

Steven: "Well they can still come and say bye, for now that is. And I don't think they ever experienced the Lion express."

Connie paused for a moment and looked at me. I was very confused.

Connie: "Let's do this."

I shrug as I follow them to a... pink Lion. Well, a lot has been going on, so why not. We all got on, and he started to run. And then roared as a pink circle appeared in the air, and we leaped through it. One drug trip later, we were in front of Connie's house. I fell off lion as Connie and Steven got off.

Connie: "Heheh, yeah, it is pretty wild."

I got up and dusted myself off.

(Y/N): "What was that place? Some sort of, place in between places?" 

Steven stopped and thought for a sec before shrugging. Steven and Connie started talking about their sword training, and Steven said that Connie could borrow his mother's sword. We entered the house, as Steven gave her the sword. Then a garage door was heard opening and Steven and Connie were panicking, thinking about where to hide the giant pink sword. I stood there, as Connie and Steven sat on the couch, trying to act normal. Connie started playing the violin.