Chapter 23: The Confrontation

~~~ Time Skip ~~~

     The Diamonds and I were in the arena, White was watching from the sidelines, not partaking in the spar. I had my scythe out as the Diamonds looked down on me. Yellow made the first move with a dash, getting close so that her lightning aura is most effective. I jumped out of the way before the attack, but before I could counter I was hit with a blue laser. I got up and went straight for Blue, that's when Yellow kicked me away from her. Damn it, they're doing this on purpose. I won't be able to attack unless I teleport. I am not going back there. I clenched my fist, letting anger fill me, and I embraced it. I allowed heat to flow from me, lighting my body on fire, but it's not enough. The heat, it's not enough, I need it hotter, then hotter, and then even hotter still. The flames around me started to die down as crackling could be heard coming from me, black sparks appearing from my body, the energy and anger I feel, is fueling the lightning that is racing through my body. I didn't teleport, but I nearly disappeared, moving faster than most things could track. I went to Blue with a high speed high kick to her shin. It didn't do much, except push back her leg, bringing her to her knee, but I couldn't stop, I had to keep moving. I raced around the arena, until Yellow shouted.

Yellow: "Stop! The sparring is over!"

    Yellow's voice was filled with worry, fear, disgust, and disappointment. I stopped racing, my body shaking from the energy as I continued to crackle.

Blue: "Why, would you push yourself to such a point to avoid teleporting?"

(Y/N): "What do you mean?!"

Yellow: "What do I mean? What do I mean!? Just look around, your bleeding, everywhere! There's blood on the walls of the ring, on the floors, pouring from your face! Why, why would you do such a thing?"

     I looked down at my numb, energy filled body. My shoes were gone, my feet were swollen, one of my toes was bent too far, in the wrong directing. My face was dripping blood, like a leaky facet. I felt my face, I was bleeding from the nose, eyes, and mouth. I looked down, calming myself, letting the energy disperse. Feeling returned to my body as I was now in utter pain. Bones broken, organs torn, and more. I fell to my knees and screamed in pain. The Diamonds rushed over to me. I started to fall back into my old habits, of blacking out.

          ~~~ Time Skip ~~~
     I woke up in my old palace room. I was healing quickly. I sat up and started to walk to the door of the room, when it opened. Blue and Yellow were entering my room and saw that I was up.

Blue: "You shouldn't be out of bed so soon."

Yellow: "Really (Y/N)? Going to such drastic extremes to avoid your simple little trick? What has gotten into you?"

(Y/N): "It's nothing, I just want to stop relying on it, that's all."

Yellow: "Oh please, if you wanted to stop relying on your power, then why use it in a more drastic and dangerous extreme way?"

(Y/N): "It's nothi..."

Yellow: "It's not nothing! Just tell us already!"

(Y/N): "I can't go back there!  Not again! I just can't! Okay? I just, can't go back there. It was dark for so long, nobody could see me, talk to me. I couldn't do anything, I couldn't see or feel anything. I was fine for not existing for less than a second, it was nothing, I was in and out, and then I went in, and I couldn't get out, and I don't want that to happen, not again."

     I blurted out. I was breathing heavily, had a dry throat, tears were on the verge of flowing. Yellow and Blue were taken aback.

Blue: "Oh (Y/N), are you okay?"