Chapter 4: The Cluster

I came back to the barn to see Peridot tied on a leash, and Steven and Amethyst laughing about something. When I made my way over there they talked about the kindergarten again and Steven saw me, deciding to add me to the travel group. I sighed and went along with it.

                            ~~~ TIME SKIP  ~~~

            We were at one of the broken, virus looking, robots. Steven banged it with a rock, Amethyst kicked it, and Peridot talked into her recorder.

Amethyst: "You making more nerd notes?"

Peridot: "What is, nerd?"

Amethyst chuckled as Peridot got annoyed.

Peridot: "Can you use it in a sentence?"

Amethyst: "Ahem. Nerd. You are, a nerd."

Steven: "Amethyst, cut that out."

Peridot turned to her recorder and started to talk into it.

Peridot: "As you can see, this planet is annoying, and everything is annoying. Among its transgressions, is a need for the Amethyst to ask permission from the Permafusion."

Amethyst: "Permafusion? Is that what you call Garnet?"

Peridot: "I can call her, lots of things. I can call her two things, two clods! Walking around like she's, one clod. Nyeeheheheheheh."

Steven: "What's wrong with that?"

Peridot: "She's not even fighting, she, you know, she's just, you know like, uh, ...... YOU KNOW!"

Amethyst burst out laughing. 

Amethyst: "You're a real gem Perry."

Peridot: "Yes, I am. A gem."

Amethyst: "Okay Okay, do Steven next. What's weird about Steven?"

I started to see where this was going and I decided to start walking away.

Peridot: "Where do I even begin? He's some sort of hybrid abomination, I don't even understand how he functions. His organic half consumes so much energy that he has to constantly feed, and he spends so much time expelling, that he has a whole room  dedicated to it."

Steven: "Uh, no, something else, talk something else."

Peridot looks at Amethyst and chuckles.

Peridot: "The strangest thing is Amethyst, you think, you have to listen to them."

I stopped and turned around, something feeling off. I started to come back. 

Peridot: "You should be the one that's in charge."

Amethyst: "Hah, that's your best joke yet."

Peridot: "No, really, Pearl is a pearl, Garnet is a fusion, I don't even KNOW what HE's supposed to be. You're the ONLY crystal gem, that's actually a gem! "

Amethyst nervously laughs.

Amethyst: "Whaat?"

Peridot: "You out rank everyone on your team. They should be listening to you. You're a strong, singular fully functional soldier. Despite the fact that you're defective."

Amethyst: "Defective?"

Peridot: "Well sure, you're small."

Amethyst: "So?"

Peridot: "Well you're not supposed to be."

She ran over to one of the holes in the cliff side.

Peridot: "To small, too low. The exit marks seem about 500 years newer than every other hole. This place must have been empty when you came out. No wonder you have no idea what you're supposed to look like!"