Chapter 2: The Conflict

~~~ (Y/N) POV ~~~

I woke up and headed to the Temple. I got there and saw the circle in the back of the temple flash as Pearl appeared.

Pearl: "O-oh, hi (Y/N). We are a little busy right now."

Garnet walked in and Pearl looked down, seemingly ashamed about something. They were gonna talk when someone burst through the door.

???: "Who wants to go on a road trip? Oh who is this?"

Pearl: "Hey Greg, this is (Y/N). They are very... special. If their gem origin is accurate, then technically, they might be Steven's.... half.... sibling? And our...... part... child? It is very complicated."

Greg: "Oh. Well, I need to head to the Keystone state, and someone is selling cheap car wash brushes."

Garnet: "I am coming along. And so is (Y/N)."

(Y/N): "Wait, I....."

Garnet: "Trust me, you can, and should join."

~~~ Time Skip ~~~

We made it to the motel late at night. I started to get worried that (A/N) might be worried about me. I sat on the ground as Steven jumped on the bed and Garnet sat on the other bed. A few seconds after Greg left to get the brushes, Garnet started to talk to herself. She started shaking, and grabbed her shoulders before glowing and splitting up.

???: "We must get past this Ruby."

Ruby: "She lied to us so she could form Sardonyx. She tricked us, don't you feel used?"

Steven: "Ruby, Sapphire."

Sapphire: "You're choosing to take it personally. "

Ruby: "It's fusion Sapphire! What's more personal to us then fusion!"

Sapphire: "I know, you're still upset."

Ruby: "Oh so it's just me!?"

Sapphire: "Of course not. Can't you see? I'm completely engulfed with rage."

Ruby: "Well it doesn't feel like it."

Sapphire: "The sooner we forgive Pearl, the better it will be for us all."

Ruby: "You're, not, as above this, as you think you are!"

Sapphire: "Yes. I am."

Sapphire: "You can't stay angry at her forever."

Ruby: "Wanna bet?"

Sapphire: "Ruby. The carpet."

I looked down to see the steam rising form the carpet under Ruby's feet. Ruby stormed off as I looked at Sapphire, judging her. Steven went outside to talk to Ruby. I stayed in to talk to Sapphire.

(Y/N): "You are being a jerk you know?"

Sapphire looked at me.

Sapphire: "You don't understand."

(Y/N): "Probably. But if you guys disagree so much, why be Garnet in the first place?"

Sapphire: "Because, we love each other. We are just fighting. She will eventually see that I am right."

(Y/N): "You sound like mom." I muttered, looking down. "So I am guessing you are the one with future vision? Yeah, I think Pearl told me something like that, Sapphires can lower temperature and see the future?"

Sapphire nods.

(Y/N): "Well, I used to go hiking with my parents a lot. Something they used to always say is, 'It's not always the destination, but usually, it's the journey that truly matters.' ... I hope you enjoy the journey."