Chapter 5: The Storm Before the Calm

~~~ (Y/N) POV ~~~

          I heard the warp pad as Steven and the gems made it back to the house. As Steven opens the fridge to see nothing he runs out to... somewhere. I get up and go out to the porch, looking at the moon. I let out a sigh and turn to the stairs, getting ready to go for a walk to see Steven rushing back. He ran inside, grabbed his alarm clock, set a timer for 5 minutes to 7 in the morning, and jumped in excitement. I watched as he went up really high.

Steven: "Wow! I didn't know I could do that!"

He ran out onto the beach and continued his jumping. I walked over.

(Y/N): "That's really cool. I wonder if I can do that."

Steven looked at me.

Steven: "Why don't you try it out?"

He stopped jumping and looked at me. I shrugged and decided to try. I crouched, I got ready, and I jumped! Then I hit the grounding, getting a nice mouthful of sand.

Steven: "Oh. Well, maybe if you try it some more, you might be able to get it!"

          He smiled before jumping again. This time, he jumped up to the lighthouse, and then off of that. I watched as he was descending........ really slowly. Amethyst came out looking for Steven. I was about to say something when a sandle landed next to me. Amethyst looked down in confusion when another sandle hit her in the head. She looked up, realized where Steven was, and walked to the door, before realizing Steven flying is a new thing. I decided to just walk off, taking a stroll through town.

          I walked past the big doughnut, Fish Pizza, Frieman's Fries, the Arcade, and Funland. I kept walking until I made it to a forest. I walked around, and stopped. I thought back to when I made the wall of ice. I thought about how I couldn't do anything. I am just a walking mess. I clenched my fist. I can't control my powers. I can't figure out what I can do, or even what I am! I was breathing heavily. I swung at a tree, causing an explosion of ice and smoke. Why did I have to be born this way!? Why do I have to be such a nuisance? Why am I such a god damn freak!? I punched another tree, a loud crack boomed through the forest as a spike of ice angled forward, and fire burned around me, a scorched mark was on the ground where the tree was, and there was a tingling feeling in the air. I breathed heavily and I grabbed the patch on my gem, and I ripped it off, throwing it on the ground. Rage filled me, rage at myself, at how I can't do anything right. A bright glow surrounded me, a warmth emanated from my gem, and everything around me had a slightly light-blue tint. I clenched my fists and a glare formed on my face, my teeth clenching shut. I took a deep breath and calmed down, letting my rage leave as something else filled it's place, sadness. Tears filled my eye. The blue tint went away, all the tension in my body left as I fell to my knees and cried.

          I picked up my eye patch again, I tried to put it back on, but I had ripped the band so it wouldn't stay on. I looked around and saw a small vine like bit of greener. I picked it up and used it to keep the patch on my gem. I put my hands in my pockets as I walked back to the beach house. I sneaked into the house, no one saw or heard me come in, and I went to the couch and fell asleep.

     ~~~ TIME SKIP ~~~

          I woke up as Steven and Connie were getting ready to go on a mission. When Steven saw I was awake he came over to the couch.

Steven: "Hey, morning (Y/N). Pearl is taking Connie and I to a scouting mission, you wanna come?"

         I shrugged and got up. I headed into the bathroom, got dressed, and went to the warp pad where everyone was ready to go. We warped to this snowy place, and Steven immediately rushed forward so he could turn around and take some pictures. Pearl and Connie posed, I didn't partake in the posing, and then we were off.