Chapter 18: A Big Problem

I stood there in the arena halls.

Holly Green: "Wow, haven't seen you around. Thought we scared you off."

     The chuckled as I rolled my eyes.

(Y/N): "I have been training here a lot actually, maybe it's you two who were scared off. Can't handle me can you?"

Ruby: "Oh we can handle you just fine. You and your uncontrolled power."

Holly Green: "That's right, we figured out your bluff, you can only control it when you are unstable."

(Y/N): "I was about to do some weapon training, I guess, I could do some more endurance training instead, if you want to go."

     I started walking to the arena entrance, stretching my arms and legs.

Holly Green: "Nice bluffing, but you can't bluff your way out of this. We know that back then, once your little shield was down, you had no way of putting it back up. We could have attacked then and there."

(Y/N): "But you didn't. Wasn't the whole point to help train me? Not beat me up?"

Ruby: "Oh would the Diamonds really care if that happened? You and your fragile bodies, all we had to do is just throw you down a ditch and say you fell down yourself."

(Y/N): "Man, you guys are so rude. I will enjoy this. I have grown quite a bit. You guys might have had the advantage back then. But now, well, I can't wait to show my old 'mentors' how much has changed."

     We made it to the center of the arena.

(Y/N): "Don't worry, I will go easy on you. I will use a weapon, that I have never used before."

     I took out the hammer. Two fists on a spear. Interesting.

Ruby: "Don't get cocky now."

     She summoned her Spear, as Holly summoned her sword.

(Y/N): "It's only cocky if I can't back it up."

Holly Green: "Then show us what you got, unless your all talk."

(Y/N): "Oh, I am not all talk. In fact, I am nothing at all. I don't even exist."

     I teleported into my void world then behind Ruby. I swung my hammer down. She saw the shadow in time to dodge.

Holly Green: "What was that? You can't do that. How could you have possibly done that?"

     I swung my hammer, I was still slow, and I knew I couldn't handle swinging yet. My hands weren't so nimble or fast yet, so I had to stick with basic moves if I wanted to keep the hammer in my grasp.

Holly Green: "You weren't kidding were you? You are using a weapon you've never used. You're not even strong enough to use it properly. You're that cocky?"

     I took a few steps back and held the hammer in front of me. I let the head of the hammer fall, and tried to adjust my grip to allow it to rise again on the other side. I barely grabbed the handle fast enough as the hammer raised to the top. I let it drop again, the handle rotated, I adjusted my grip, the head rose. It fell, I adjusted, it rose. Again, and again, slowly getting faster and faster.

(Y/N): "I have no idea why you let me get the hang of that, but now I have basic rotation under my belt."

     I held the hammer, the head facing forward, I swung it so that the head would fall and move toward me, I angled it to the side so it would go past my side and then behind me, then over my shoulder, as I got it spinning. I changed the angle to horizontal. That's when I messed up, I didn't grab it fast enough as it fell.