Chapter 16: Reunited At Last

Steven: "And, that's the whole story."

Bismuth: "Mm."

Steven: "Are you, okay?"

Bismuth: "Mm. Yeah, hang on a sec."

     She got up and put her head in the center lava pool, and screamed.

Bismuth: "Oh my gosh! It all makes sense now!"

Steven: "Pretty wild, right?"

Bismuth: "Steven come here and join me the lava's great."

(Y/N): "Oh, we human's don't do lava. It tends to cause burning of the flesh, and death."

Bismuth: "Oh."

     I went over to the pool along with Steven. I looked at the lava and put my hand in.

(Y/N): "Hm, but not for me. I had my suspicions, but I was never sure."

Bismuth: "Wait, and what is your story anyway?"

(Y/N): "Hmm, well, the last time we talked about it, the theory was I am somehow the Obsidian fusion. I have Pearl's spear, Amethyst's whip, Garnet's gauntlets, and Rose's slash Pink's shield. Heck, even my gem resembles obsidian glass."

Bismuth: "Wow, that is, quite something. I remember back when I was so exited to show Rose the breaking point. Can you imagine? 'Hey Rose. Check out this cool weapon I made! I'm gonna shatter you with it!' Heheheheheheheheheheh. I really thought all of our problems would disappear if we could just shatter a Diamond. Guess she ended up taking my advice."

Steven: "Um, sorry. About all this."

Bismuth: "Thanks, for talking to me."

Steven: "Wow, you took that pretty well. Way better than Garnet did."

Bismuth: "How so?"

Steven: "She unfused over it."

Bismuth: "What!? Noo, they're my favorite couple."

Steven: "Don't worry they're back together. But they haven't fused yet. That's actually why I came down here to begin with. I wanted to invite you to Garnet's wedding."

Bismuth: "Garnet's wedding huh?"

Steven: "Yeah. It would be great if you could attend."

Bismuth: "Yeaah. Okay. I don't have any plans so I guess I can come."

Steven: "Yay, this is gonna be so much fun."

Bismuth: "Oh yeah. Pft, no question this is gonna be the best wedding ever. So what's a wedding."

(Y/N): "Traditionally, it is a union of two people in the eyes of god, to be bound together for eternity, in body and soul, till death do them part. It is supposed to be the ultimate show of faith, commitment, and love. But honestly, in these days, it's a scam used to make a lot of money off of overly expensive decorations such as flowers, table cloths, dresses, and more. There is someone who actually ordered most of the items by saying it was for a 'special event' mentioning a wedding causes prices to sky rocket, and you would think that with higher prices, the quality increases as well, right? Nope, the same stuff, just more money. Complete scam."

Steven: "Really?"

(Y/N): "Oh yes. Weddings themselves can still be romantic and holy, but, businesses will be businesses."

     We came out from the temple room and were looking out onto the beach.

Steven: "So, we're getting everything ready for tomorrow. We'll have a hot dog grill going on out front. And the chairs and canopy are all set up."