Part 36- Awakening😩.

Please Vote🙏

It's year 13 without Nathan.
My hope of his release has been growing steadily.

You might say I have 2 more years to wait.
Yes! but, it's so far been good with Nathan.

Our sad times and all have faded a bit. We've tried so much to keep the grief and worry away.

I never knew it would take so long to do so, but now we have and it feels so good.

And Nma?

Well, Nma had made her choice. She decided to still be with John.

After I took her children with me, I went back the next day to check up on her.
She was better but was still asking about John.

I felt John was scared that he had killed her.
But then, she finally got him on the line and he came begging as expected.

I was so angry seeing him beg , but Nma asked that I give them their privacy.

She asked me to leave!
And keep off from her and her family issues.

So I left in anger, I don't know what their discussion was ,but soon enough John came to my house asking to take his children back.

I was so angry with him. I lashed at him, I knew I sounded cruel but I didn't care.

As always, he was so calm and chill, as though my words were not getting to him.
That pained me the most , I wanted to hurt him physically but I couldn't.

"I've apologized to my wife and I think that's the only one I owe an apology.
Whenever you are through with your rants,just bring me my children let me leave" I remember him say unmoved.

He chuckled and looked away from me as he relaxed in his car.

What guts!!!

I felt like I had just wasted my time pouring water on a rock .

Looking at him, I was so angry that I had let this man come an inch close to me. I was so angry that I gave him my body, because he just didn't deserve it.

After all my drama, I brought them out.
I couldn't hesitate, they were his kids after all and Nma wasn't on my side in this.

I saw the look on their faces as they left my house.

Those children were so scared of him. Even when he tried to sound friendly.

I noticed Danny shake in fear with every touch from his father.

I felt so helpless, but what could I have done.

He paid the hospital bills and took her back home, promising not to lay his hands on her again.

But I was sure he would do it again, maybe not soon but he would.

I couldn't do anything about her decision to go back to her husband.
It was all her choice.

We still talk , but it's obvious that the distance between my best friend and I was growing wider.

I began to doubt her and all she said because I couldn't tell the truth from the lies.
I felt she would lie to me to protect John, just like the first time.

"Hello Nma" I answered the phone which  rang and cut my thoughts short.

"Hey Amara, how are you?" Her voice rang out.

"I'm fine and you?" I asked in a low tone.

"I'm good"

There was silence.
I was thinking of what to ask next.