Part 46- Talks and Memories

"Have you chosen something yet?" He asked smiling at me.

I looked up from the menu to his face and back down to the menu in my hands.

"What if I tell you I know nothing on this menu?" I asked laughing at myself.

He laughed really hard.

"Okay how about you have what I'm having?" He asked arching his brows.

I nodded slowly as I returned the menu to the waitress who was standing by my side.

She moved over to Dami and took his order while I stared at them.

I watched her leave and my eyes strayed from the waitress to the interior decoration in the hall and finally to the people in it.

"Now, how do I get your attention back?" He muttered.

I turned to look at him.

"I'm sorry, I just like how being in this place feels"

"Does it give you the same feeling you had when we went to  Frenzy's Cater  in high school?" He asked smiling.

"Oh Dami, you remember?" I was amazed.

He nodded " why not?, it was very memorable"

  Frenzy's cater used to be a very nice venue then. It was a restaurant, but then it had lots of fun things one could do asides eating.

When our class heard of that place, we all planned to go.
Everyone had it on their lips but when it was time to pay, only a few people contributed.
Dami paid for him and I and there was 10 of us that day.

I had to sneak out of the house to be there , because I wasn't really allowed out back then.

"You know , I had to lie about having a class to get out of the house that day" I said laughing.

"Yeah, you did tell me. And we tried as much as possible to meet up to the time you were supposed to get home."

"Yeah, I got home at the right time and I was really glad we had that hang out"

"I think that was the first time we talked outside school" I added.

"Yeah, it was. You were never allowed out remember?" He said.

"Yeah, that's true"

"But then Dami, you were so shy back then" I laughed.

He laughed hard.
"Was I, I didn't realize!"

"Oh ,knock it off. I bet you know you were"

"And you were worse Amara"he said

I laughed at that.

"Every single time we talked, I was the one who initiated the conversation.
You wouldn't even come meet me unless I did.
I even had a feeling you run on seeing me"

"Ah Dami , that's untrue!" I laughed.

He gave me a look that showed he knew he wasn't lying.

I continued laughing.

"Well, I finally got to understand that the whole thing was completely new to you and you needed time to adjust" he said while the waitress placed the food on our table.

I looked away from him to my plate.

"Dami, I don't understand what's on my plate" I said in between laughs.

He laughed hard as he cupped his mouth.

"I promise you, I don't know too. I just thought it would be nice to try something completely new" he said