Part 2- Desperado

Please 🙏,
VOTE,
COMMENT and FOLLOW

"Wow, seriously!' I screamed out in awe while staring at my phone screen.

'What is it ?' Nma said as she moved from her seat to mine.

She grabbed the phone from my hand and the surprised look began to grow on her face too.

'Wow, Babe this wedding is out of this world. God!!' She said as she swiped.

'Yeah I bet it is' I said as I snatched my phone back and continued scrolling.

' Did you see her asoebi or the groom's men? They smell of money' She said wearing a deep surprised look.

' yeah, the bride was my Junior way back in high school too' I said plainly.

'Really?, And to think that Bella naija carried that wedding, then it must have been out of this world' she screamed excitedly.

'Yeah' I replied bluntly.

'Amara, what's wrong with you?
Weddings excite you , but this one doesn't seem to. Don't tell me you are jealous?' She said staring at me suspiciously.

'Jealous? Really. What's there to be jealous of. How can I get jealous of someone whose path never crossed mine. We never even spoke back then in school' I snapped at her.

' Maybe jealous isn't the word then,concerned is. Or it could be a mixture of both' she said grabbing her magazine as she moved back to her seat.

There was an uncomfortable silence between us.

' I do hope Oge's wedding would be like this one ,or even better. It must get on that blog too" she said,breaking the silence.

'You know Oge has never been a loud person. So it's going to be a calm one' I said.

'Well, I don't think your mother would let it be. You know how she can get .I know it's not going to be calm afterall' she said with certainty

'Yeah I know, that woman is always in everyone's space every single time' I sulked.

'Yeah I don't need to be told' she said laughing.

I just smiled.

' Have you spoken to her since the last time?' She asked

'Not really, I've been avoiding her since she told me about her friend's son she wants me to meet.
The last one was a disaster and I'm not in for another. I feel she's more desperate than I am at this point' I said concerned.

'Really? So you are desperate? ' she asked sitting up.

'I never said I am' I said avoiding her eyes.

"Well, you just did" she folded her arms over her chest.

I felt Nma could be insensitive a times and sadly, she always had a way of getting things out of me

I was silent for a while, then I spoke up.

"Nma, you know how these things get, everyone is just all over me, I feel so pressured" I said starring at nothing in particular just to avoid her eyes.

"Babe, clear everybody's opinion, it doesn't matter. Let's get yours. What do you want? Do you want to get married?' She asked wearing a serious look.

"And you expect me to answer that? What kind of question is that?" I scolded.

'I would take that as a yes then. I just had to ask though because I've never really seen you get involved with any man.
Yeah I know you might say I've only known you for a short while , but that's enough time to know whether you have someone in your life or not" she said with an expression that said she was sorry to say so but at the same time not.