Part 38- Lifeless

Dedicated to all those that put Amara's Choice in their reading list. ❤✌

PLEASE DO VOTE🙏

I looked at his face which had fallen in sadness after he replied me.

"I.. I don't understand, what do you mean by you lost her?" I stammered as tears fell from my eyes.

The man I had come with, held me back to prevent me from acting on my uncertainty.

"We couldn't save her or the baby, a lot couldn't have been done as at the time you brought her in.
It was already too late" the doctor answered.

"What do you mean by it was already too late?" I retorted angrily in tears.

"If that your stupid ambulance had arrived on time, maybe my friend would have been alive now"

"And you wouldn't be standing here telling me , she arrived late" I shouted angrily.

"I'm sorry madam" he said as he walked away from us.

"You are sorry?
Really, so that's it?" I cried out to his back as I made to run towards him but I was restrained.

"You killed her , you and this goddamn hospital" I screamed out as I banged the walls in anger.

"You killed my friend.
You could have done more, but you just didn't want to.
You're selfish and wicked" I cried out.

I was saying a lot of things, but I didn't care.

It felt like my world had come crashing down, like I didn't have anymore reason to live.

Nma , dead?

"That's not possible!" I said chuckling at my thoughts.

"She's not dead, she can't be!"
I screamed again trying to break free from the man's grip.
Those were the words I kept repeating.

I couldn't bring myself to accept reality.

"I'm sorry you lost her " the man said, sadness and sympathy filled his voice.

I looked at him.

"But she's gone now,
you have to hold yourself together or you would hurt yourself or even someone else" he said trying to pull my hands out of the wall.

"Tell me she's not dead" I requested as I watched his face suddenly fall.

"She's dead,
saying No wouldn't make you feel better" he replied slowly.

And just like that was all I needed to come back to reality, I fell into his arms and cried my eyes out.

I saw them take her body out of the ward and I ran towards them ,begging to see her just one last time.

She was lifeless, not moving or even starring at me.

"Why did you have to go?" I cried out as I made to touch her face.
My tears fell on her face and I wished it would bring her back to life like in the movies.

But it didn't, she still lay there unaware of her environment.

This reality was just too hard to accept.