Part 10- I do like her❤

Please vote,
Follow and comment
🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

It's been two days now since dad.

His result came out as typhoid and malaria. It was considered serious and a lot of drugs were prescribed for him.

Mum was making sure he was taking them as expected.

I was ready to go back to my house. I had phoned Nathan earlier and he promised to make it when he was through with work.

"Mum, someone's at the door I think" I shouted from the kitchen to her.

She was so into the nigerian movie that she was watching, and I was sure her attention wouldn't be at the door.

"Who's there ?" I heard her ask.

"It's  Nathan, Amara's friend. I'm here to get her"

"Oh shit!!!" I sweared in the kitchen. I didn't think he would come too soon.

I hadn't taken my bath yet nor had I even packed my bag. He came too soon, I was expecting him in the evening.

I quickly rushed upstairs to prepare.

"Oh it's you" Mum said as she let him in.

Nathan's POV

"Good afternoon ma, how are you?" I said as I came in.

"Good afternoon son, I'm fine dear. Come sit down" she said as she lead me to the couch.

The house looked simple like a normal family house and it seemed quiet too. The interior decoration was minor and the furniture was brown .

"How's your husband doing? Hope he's good?"

"Yes , he's recovering . we thank God. The doctor said it was typhoid and malaria. Serious one oh. But he's back home now"

"Yeah, Amara told me. We thank God"

"I see. She tells you everything doesn't she"

I smiled. "We do talk about a lot of things"

"You two must be really close, how long have you known her?"

"We are just getting to know each other. I've known her for a month now"

"Isn't that enough time to know someone?"

"Is it?" I asked laughing , she laughed too.

"You seem fond of her, Do you like her?"

Now I wasn't expecting that.

I smiled as I do all the time.

"I do like Amara"

"Enough to take it to the next level?"

For a Nigerian mother, amara's mum who I now know as Mrs.Kay was surprising.

I was expecting the usual sassy and over protective countenance, but I was getting none of that.

"Well, yes above friendship level"

"A lot of things are above friendship level ,you know."

I laughed.

"Have you told her?" She asked.

I was confused as my arched brows asked her ' what'.

"That you like her?"

"Oh, not yet . I feel if I do tell her things would go wrong between us. We are just starting out and I feel it would be too soon to spoil what we've built already"