Part 19- Consent😩

Hello my people,
I'm sorry I haven't been keeping up to my update days lately. I got really hooked up with stuffs but I'm back now.

This lovely chapter is dedicated to Lwky_ess for voting on my chapters and adding my book to her reading list.💃 I love you and I appreciate your support❤❤.
Thank you.

Now let's get rocking already.
VOTE,COMMENT and FOLLOW🙏🙏😘

"Mothers usually have this strong hold on their sons, at least I've heard a lot of people say that" Nma looked at me worriedly.

"I think Nathan's case should be different. I really don't want it to get to me at all.
He just has to fight for me if he really wants to be with me. I shouldn't do the fighting?"
I scuffed feigning an unconcerned look.

But deep down, I was concerned about being rejected.

"No you shouldn't do the fighting. I think she would eventually let you in. You just have to prove yourself"

"There's nothing to prove Nma, you don't get it! She has no problem with my looks or character, just my age.
I mean, she's so scared that I might have childbearing issues"

" Are you scared you might?" Nma asked wearing a questioning look too.

I rolled my eyes at her.

" Why should I be?, I'm not that old. People have children in their forties so I don't see why my case would be any different "

"True, but I think you should be telling that to your supposed mother in-law" she said as she sat up.

I looked at her.

"Nathan seems serious about you though" she continued.

"Of course he is, have you forgotten he proposed to me?" I said as I rolled my eyes at her again.

"How can I forget? But maybe you forgot John proposed to me when you were blabbing all that rubbish about him not being a nice choice"
she said swaying her head and hands side to side as she spoke.

I could feel the sarcasm in her voice, but her facial expression wasn't spelling sarcasm.

"Abeg  (please), I'm over that John drama" I said waving her off.

"Of course you are" she said reaching for the book in front of her as she lay back on the couch.

"You both should be married by now, I don't know what more you are planning.
It's been months since the proposal. Is it going to be a heavenly wedding?" I asked uninterestedly.

"Not really, John just wants something cool and not loud. Just friends and family you know."she said stroking her neck side.

"Since when did he become a " not loud" person?" I said stressing the words as they came out.

"Since he put a ring on this finger" she said as she waved her left hand in my face.

"So what happened to your life long dream of a wedding in Bahamas?
No more Bahamas and Kim kardashian wedding gown?
Is the economy that bad?"
I asked laughing hard in mockery.