Part 51- feelings

Hey guys,
I woke up to good tidings this morning.

Amara's Choice is currently at 1k reads🤗🥰..

And to crown it all, it's rated at number 27 out of over 7000 books in the test category 🥰.

Ah!!,
you might think it is a small achievement , but it is really big to me.

Thank you so much guys for the love and support.

omosefe12 and rhe_xxa2💞, I see you both.

Now, let's get back to the new chapter business👇👇.

°°°Dami's POV°°

She walked towards me, bearing that deep beautiful smile she has always had.
Even though traces of aging could be found on her face, her smile still felt very young.

It still gave me chills like it used to back then.

It was all growing again.
What must have rekindled it?

I never really considered high school emotions strong, but this time, it felt like I wanted a replay of everything we shared before.

Even though the memories were very few, I recalled them and held unto them since I met her again.

I remained unsure of what my intentions towards her would be, but I knew I wanted to have her by my side everytime.
It felt like a new found love , the crush kind of feeling.

What was wrong with me?

She had already made it so clear earlier that it wouldn't go beyond friendship between us.

"Why do you stare at me that way?" her voice brought me back to reality.

I blinked off my thoughts as I arched my brow in confusion.

"In what way?"I managed to ask, even though my voice sounded like I had been caught in the act.

"In admiration, I guess.
It makes me uncomfortable"she muttered.

I opened my mouth, but no words.
I looked at her and smiled sparsely with a sigh following after.

"Well, pardon me. I'm just amazed"I managed to say.

She turned to me but her eyes moved elsewhere.

"Amazed at what?" She asked.

I liked her inquisitive, regardless of the number of times she tried to act up.

"At how you don't look 46.
You would be turning 47 soon and you still don't look it . You could go for a 35 year old any day" I smiled.

She giggled and placed her forearm over the balcony rail.

"Well, I don't know what a 35 year old woman looks like." She joked.

I looked at her with my side's eye and  smirked.

"Dami, I've told you countless times, we are too old for these flattery and young talks" she rolled her eyes playfully.