Part 57- Passion and Desire

Please Vote for this chapter🙏🙏

Thoughts about Nma's kids couldn't leave my head.
I kept wondering how safe they were at the moment.
Finding a new school with strong security was what we were on at the moment.

I knew John's plan was to get his hands on his kids and once he does, noone would see him or them again as he would leave the country.

This thoughts kept crossing my mind.
Using the kids as a bait to get him was risky, so we weren't even thinking of trying that option out.

I had already warned the kids against speaking to strangers or going to meet their father.

I tried as much as possible not to make John look as bad as he might already look in their head.

"God keep them safe " I uttered slowly as I tried to get my head back to work.

"You don't pick your calls anymore" came Dami's voice as he walked into my office.

"I see you just find your way here if you can't easily get me over the phone " I said without looking at him.

He paused in his step.

"I'm sorry if my presence makes you unhappy, but I thought we had a plan for today. I could just go and come back some other day" he said really slowly and very low as he made to go away.

That's the lowest I've heard him speak.

"I'm so sorry Dami, I'm just a bit frustrated" I stammered holding my head as I tried to stop him with those words.

" I add to your frustration everytime I guess"
he said trying hard to figure out what wrong he had done.

I felt really sorry looking at his face fall.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't be letting it out on you" I sighed.

"What's the matter with you Amara?" He said holding my hand in his as he sat.

"Nothing. Just family issues that have been getting on my nerves" I said trying to look at him but failing.

"You want to talk about it?" He said raising my face to look at him.

I shook my head.

"I thought as much " he said forcing a smile.

"What do you mean?" I questioned.

He paused.

"Well, you don't talk about family that much, especially around me" he said.

"But it's okay, I understand. You would come around when you want to" he added before I could say anything in my defence.

I didn't know what else to say as I watched him smile still holding my hand.

"What did you say we had fixed for today?" I asked releasing my hand from his.

He smiled at that act.
Why was Dami smiling at everything?!

"My house. Remember?"

"Oh, you are surprising the kids today!" I almost screamed in excitement.