Part 14- Big mouthed😢

Please vote,
Comment and follow
🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

   "I don't know ,but things are just growing strange between us. He seems farther and unavailable every time. I'm scared Amara" she said

"What's your fear?" I was concerned

"I fear he might leave me" she said slowly. I could see fear in her eyes.

"Maybe it's one of his busy times" I said not looking at her.

Then I looked at her, her face wore fear. And a typical confused Nma bites her nails when she is scared.

She turned towards me and I held her hand.

"You must really love John, Don't you?" I said calmly as my eyes pierced hers, like I was finding an answer in there.

She nodded as she mouthed "with all my heart".

I smiled.

" I just pray he feels the same about you too" I said letting her hand go.

"I know he does. It feels so real with him"

I scuffed and held on tighter to the magazine I was reading.

"What?" She asked

I shaked my head "Nothing"

"I know you don't like John, but I feel you should give him a chance ,at least to prove himself" she pleaded.

" I can't give that cheat a chance!!" I yelled.

Realizing myself, I hit the couch I sat on hard. I had just spilled what I had tried so hard to keep away from her.

I looked her way and she was starring fiercely in a way that suggested I shouldn't keep her hanging.

Immediately, I avoided her eyes like a plague.

I stood up to walk to my room but she cut me short in my step.

"You know you just made an allegation right?"
She said calmly.

Nma had a way of remaining calm in tensed situations. But I was sure she would flare up if I choose to just ignore her.

I retraced my steps back to my seat.

"I saw him with a lady, 2weeks ago" I said looking at her this time.

"So?, I mean I could be seen with a guy as well?" She said sarcastically in a way that suggested she was trying to clear her doubts.

I looked at her and sighed "Not in that way. They seemed like they've had something on for a while, I mean they kissed passionately. He was being a gentle man around her. I'm not sure but to me, they looked like they were going on a date"

Her mouth was wide open and surprisingly, she burst into a mock laughter.

Her laughter pierced through me and I was becoming scared of what might happen next.

"Amara, you might hate John, but I didn't think you would want to bring up this to pull us apart" she looked angry but at the same time calm.

"You seriously think I would stoop so low?"

"Well, you already have"

"I can't believe this" I uttered in disgust.

"Same way you wouldn't believe it if I'd tell you Nathan's cheating" she came back at me.

I was quiet and so was she. The tension in the room was growing and I was sure it would choke us soon.

I stood up and made for my room.

But before I got to the door, I looked at her and even though she acted undisturbed, I could see it.

I could see that fear she had that my claims might be true.

I mean, she had already noticed him drifting from her and I had provided a possible reason which she refused to believe.

I lay on my bed thinking about Nma. I was surprised she didn't walk out this time. Maybe she knew I was right after all.

Now I had to ask myself , would I believe it if I was told Nathan was cheating on me?

Nathan was close to perfect. It almost felt like he had chosen to center his world around me and me alone.

I wouldn't believe he would do that to me.

Now it was relatable why I couldn't blame Nma for not believing me.

She must feel the same way about John as I do about Nathan.

I regretted my act now more than ever.

I shouldn't have spoken up, I should have just buckled it all inside.

Nathan was right after all.

But on the other side, I felt I had cleared my conscience.

At least the choice was hers to make. Even though I feared she would view me differently now.

"Amara, you are so big mouthed" I said to myself as I sighed in regret.

🔔Now this wonderful chapter is over.

Would you believe your boyfriend is cheating on you if you are told so?

Given that you've already built so much trust for him?

I would like your comments.

Evie loves you all❤❤❤