Part 52-Lay low or talk🤔

It was my birthday on 6th April so I decided to use my picture as the intro photo this time.💕.
I hope you like it?.

Thank you to all those who added my book to their reading list this week.
I hope you eventually get to read through.

                   %Amara's P.O.V%

"Is everything alright with you?" Nathan asked as he sat in his seat looking at me.

"What's wrong, I don't look alright?" I asked.

He paused and drew closer.

"It's not that, I just felt that something might have gone wrong out there"

I smiled deep as I held his hand which was on the table.

"You worry too much.
Why would you even think that?" I asked looking into his eyes.

Those eyes though old with suffering, stress and pain, still looked good.

"You don't visit as you used to before" he said slowly.
"And when you do, you don't seem all happy, it gets me worried" he added.

I was quiet, that wasn't completely true.

"Look, I know it has not been easy for you and it must be hard to keep doing this, I know I've made you go through a lot.
But I want to make it up to you" he said.

I looked at him and for some reason, he was getting sober.

"even though I don't know how to" he said looking away from me.

"Hey Nath don't be like that" I called out gently but he still didn't look at me.

"Look at me Nath" I said slowly.

He hesitated still, but when he finally did, I found tears in his eyes.

I hadn't seen him that way in a long while   and I didn't know how to get him back together.

I held his cheek.

"Nath, you never did anything wrong and that's all I know.
I trust you didn't.
Life was just unfair to us and I feel it's for a reason still.
You are a wonderful husband even while in prison and I know you would do better when you get out" I said with a shaky voice.

Seeing him that way made me sober as well.

I didn't take my eyes away from him.

He opened his mouth to say something but in the end, he said nothing.
He just closed his eyes and looked away from me again.

"Nathan, don't get this way.
You are hurting me" I said.

He sniffed.

"Did anything happen in jail? What's wrong?" I enquired.

"It's nothing. I'm just glad you believe me and that you didn't leave my side. I'm nothing without you Amara" he tried smiling.

I smiled too holding his arm.

"It's just a little while longer. I hope to be out next year"

"You would be out next year Nath. That's when your term is ending" I corrected him.

He smiled at that.

"I was hoping to be released earlier  that's why I tried my best to behave well, but then it turns out I didn't get noticed"

"It's okay. We hope on God as we have always done"

"You give me hope Amara" he smiled.

"That's why I'm here. Even though you always act strong, I know how very weak you actually are.
You are the most pained in this situation and I can't do much except to be here for you and stand by your side every inch of the way"