Part 12- The fallen kiss❤

Please VOTE
Follow and comment
🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Dad's burial came a month after his death. He was an honourable man while he lived.

We had to give him a befitting burial and the turn up was massive. Most of his friends and brothers were really supportive,and so was Nathan.

If I had to do it all on my own, then I would go broke.

Nma came over too from Lagos but she left the next day.

My sister Ola surprisingly gave birth on the burial night. We had to rejoice amidst grief.
That birth must have been hard for her but they both came out strong.

Mum said we should all cut our hair as a symbol of mourning.

I saw it done often but I didn't think it would get to us too soon.

After the shave, I looked like the African queen in 2baba's song except that I didn't have the earrings.

I wore a scarf over it as I didn't like the look. I regretted cutting it so low.

It's been three days since the burial and I'm back to Odure. I was back early because staying at Arta gave me more memories about him.

I couldn't get my dad off even though it's been a month and few days now.

His memory felt as strong as ever and I cry often when I remember him.

"Hey" I smiled as I opened the door for who had knocked.

"Hey , how are you?" Nathan said as he entered.

"I'm good , just a little headache"

"Taken drugs yet?"

I starred at him with a look that asked "just for headache?"

He laughed as he came in and sat.

"You've not been out since you came back, let's leave just for a while" he looked at me.

I shaked my head" I just want to be alone, just falling in love with my space. "

"Oh really? I guess I have to go then" he said as he made to stand up.

When he was up, I dragged him back down on the couch.

He laughed real hard and I did too. In the process, my scarf came off and I hurried to tie it back.

"Hey hey" he said calmly as he reached to remove my hands.

"Leave it that way" he said.

"What?,I don't look good this way Nathan" I felt embarrassed as I let my hand free from his grip and tied the scarf back.

He looked at me and smiled "I would see you that way soon enough"

I laughed as I looked away.

When I looked back at him, he was watching the Tv.
I remembered what mum had to say about Nathan.

"He's always been there for you because he loves you. He might have not told you yet , but I know and I know you know too" Mum had said.

I smiled to myself.

"Can you tell me what it is?"he said as he turned towards me.

I smiled but didn't take my eyes away.

" Thank you Nathan. Thank you so much. You've been really helpful and supportive and...."