Girl time

As much as Phoebe enjoyed her break and already missed Mr. and Mrs. Potter, she was desperate for girl time. When James and Sirius parted ways with her at the Great Hall, she'd waved and quickly disappeared, sprinting for Gryffindor Tower.

She was barely in the common room before she was tackled to the ground. "There you are, Pheebs!" Alice cries as she moves her down, Lily and Marlene jumping on top. Phoebe groans and rubs her head, "I think you've given me a concussion."

"Oops," Marlene says cheekily, standing and helping the Veela properly. Phoebe laughs and hugs each of her friends tightly before the crew rushes up to their dorm.

"Tell me about your holidays," Phoebe says eagerly, plopping down on her bed. Alice goes first, blushing furiously as she says, "Frank came to meet my parents and they absolutely loved him." She hesitates before adding, "He even asked to speak to my father alone!!!"

Marlene, Phoebe, and Lily squeal in excitement.

"Bloody hell, is he going to propose at the end of term?!" Marlene asks, her brown eyes wide. Alice shrugs and says softly, "We've talked briefly about the future. I don't know when he'll do it, but I can't see myself spending the rest of my life with anyone else."

Lily sighed and clasped her hands together. "How romantic," She swoons, smiling dreamily.

Phoebe nods in agreement before turning to Marlene. Her dusty blonde haired friend wrinkles her nose and says, "it was rather busy. We always have the big reunion which means all of my siblings, cousins, and aunts and uncles in one house. Lots of drinking and dancing. I got some clothes and some makeup for Christmas."

Lily pipes up, "Mine was surprisingly alright. Petunia and Vernon pretty much left me alone and my parents bought me some books. What about you, Pheebs?"

Phoebe grins before saying happily, "it was wonderful. Mr and Mrs Potter got me a signed first edition of Magical Beasts and Where to Find them! And Sirius bought me a lovely jacket!"

"Are those earrings new?" Alice asks, reaching forward to gently touch the small hoops. Phoebe blushed slightly and nods, mumbling, "Potter got them for me."

The dorm grows oddly quiet as the girls gape at the Veela.

"James bought you those?" Marlene asks, eyes wide. Lily smirks and crosses her arms in front of her, like she knew something the silvery blonde didn't.

"He didn't even buy me a present," Lily says, her smirk growing into a grin. Alice smiles too, glancing at Lily.

Phoebe rolls her eyes and says firmly, "Sod off. He was just being nice. We all know how obsessed he is with Lily and how irritating he and I find each other."

Her tone leaves no room for argument. The other three girls shrug and grin, Marlene saying cheekily, "Whatever you say, Phoebe."

"I'm serious," Phoebe defends. "All he talked about the last few days of break was Lily and how excited he was to see her."

Alice quickly changed the subject before Phoebe could grow angrier. The girls spent the rest of the night chatting about school and boys and what they all would wear to Alice's wedding. When her friends fell asleep, Phoebe lay wide awake, staring at the canopy above her bed. Her earrings gently sang to her. And it reminded her of James.

Sighing, the girl decides she needs a distraction so she sneaks out of the dorm and out of the tower, wandering aimlessly down the hall. Her feet carry her out into the cold night air. She wraps her coat around her tighter, her earrings singing louder as she looks at the lake. It beckons her deep within her being so she begins walking that way, humming along softly to the music in her ears.

She doesn't notice the Werewolf approaching and is certainly ignorant to the stag and dog chasing after it, a rat a few yards behind. Phoebe's not even halfway to the water when she hears a loud bark.

Whirling around, her eyes instantly connect with yellow ones. Phoebe gasps, taking in the towering form of the werewolf. She tries desperately to remember everything she's learned about the creature, but in that moment her mind is blank.

But she knows who this is.

"Remus," She whispers desperately, backing away as the creature moves closer. It snaps its teeth and snarls, swatting at her with its paws. Phoebe shrieks when it's claws tear through her shirt and meet her skin.

"Remus, please," She begs, clutching her arm. The dog and stag suddenly appear, darting in between the Veela and the werewolf. The dog growls and lunges at the wolf, backing it up. The stag paws at the ground next to Phoebe, making lots of noise. Phoebe, not knowing what to do, decides to make a break for it. She sprints in the direction of the castle, nearly weeping at the sound of the howls and barks and whimpers behind her.

In her panicked state, she neglects to notice the large rock in her path. She trips and sails through the air, smacking her head against the ground. Hard.

She tried to focus her eyes when a boy appears above her.

"Peter?" She mumbles.

"Phoebe, you have to get up! You have to run!"

Phoebe tries to hold on, opens her mouth to speak, but her consciousness leaves her and she's out cold. Completely oblivious to the danger surrounding her.