Together

James grins widely when Madeye claps him on the back and hands him his flask.

Marlene, Sirius, and Fabian look exactly how he feels. Alive. Proud. James feels a twinge of guilt, because he understood now. He realized why Phoebe insisted on participating in dangerous stunts. Because coming out on top, making a difference, it was everything.

They'd successfully raided the tiny shack in Deadmarsh, exactly where Phoebe said it would be. Herbert Burke, Gregory and Amelia Snyde, and Igor Karkaroff had fought bitterly, but not enough to over power the eager Jr members of the Order. They would be imprisoned until their trials for attacks on the Wizarding world and muggles, horrible things that James prayed they would pay for.

Marlene breaks the silence brimming with excitement by crowing, "Job well done, if I do say so myself!"

Sirius grins at his girlfriend and pulls her into a hug. James smile faded as he watches Lily run down the hallway and into Fabian's arms. He can't help himself, his eyes seek out blonde hair and silver eyes before he can stop it. He shakes his head, frowning slightly to himself. Where was she? They hadn't spoken, haven't even been in the same room as each other for more than five minutes since he'd watched her come undone in Sirius' bathroom the day before.

"James,"

It's her voice, sweet and melodic. But when he turns around, she isn't standing there. Instead it's a silvery mist in the form of a dog. A Scottish deer hound.

Everyone turns to watch as the patronus moves closer and sits properly in front of his feet. He reaches out to touch it, like he will feel something if he does. It's only air.

Her voice calls again, so soft he would miss it if the hall wasn't suddenly silent.

"James. Come to St Mungo's. Come now."

His heart freezes, his mind going blank. St. Mungo's. She was at St. Mungo's.

Sirius pales and rushes to James who's still frozen, quickly grabbing his hand and apparating them to the hospital. As soon as they hit the ground, James is running.

They must look crazy, dirt and grime covering their faces from the fight they'd just had with evil men. He races into the building, his muddy shoes leaving tracks as he goes much to the healers chagrin. He skids to a stop, asking a woman wearing  lime green robes with a wand and bone emblem quickly,

"I-I think my girlfriend is here. I need you to find her, I need to find her."

The nurse looks at him in surprise, offering slowly,

"I can look. I'm not sure I—"

"Please," He begs, interrupting her. "She could be hurt!!"

He feels a hand on his shoulder and he brushes it off, scowling as he shouts at the nurse and who he thinks is his friend trying to stop him,

"Padfoot, fuck off! Please, Miss. We have to find her! We have to—"

"James!"

He whirls around, coming face to face with her. She's clean. Pure. Untouched. She's okay. Her silver eyes are wide and shiny, shocked by his outburst.

James lashes out before he can stop himself. He quickly wraps his arms around her, pulling her in and squeezing her tight to his chest.

"Phoebe," He breathes, burying his face in her hair. She's okay. She's okay. Her hands feel small against his heaving back. Tears stream down his face as relief floods him, a strangled noise escaping his chest when she finally hugs him too.

Her arms are like iron around him. She holds him close, not sure how she's going to handle this next part. She wasn't sure she was handling it herself. She knew that it was going to be impossible for him. For Sirius as well.