Accident

James groans quietly, stirring awake slightly when something brushes his nose. He swats it away, eyes still shut tight as Phoebe mutters,

"Watch it, Potter."

He barely cracks one eye open at her voice, expecting to be able to see, but she's blurry. It takes him a moment to realize what has happened. And then his heart melts. She'd taken his glasses off for him when he'd fallen asleep. This girl. She'd be the death of him.

He closes his eye again, his body like mush whenever close to her. His head rests in her lap, his feet dangling over the arm of the sofa. Her legs are criss crossed, and James is embarrassed to admit that he's never had a better pillow. He sighs and mumbles tiredly, "What are you doing?"

"Knitting."

A chuckle escapes him before he can stop it. Phoebe Griffin. Knitting. What a funny thought. The Veela was not one for crafting or sewing, and James had never seen her knit before. He'd never even seen her with any yarn before.

"What?!" She wonders indignantly, looking across the room at Gideon exasperatedly. He just shrugs and says firmly while he pretends to read the book Remus gave him,

"I think it looks lovely, Pheebs."

Remus peers up from his book and his eyes widen at the monstrosity in her hands. It's got loose knots and tight loops and stray yarn everywhere. It looks closer to a dementor than a...he couldn't even tell what it was it was supposed to be. His mouth falls open, but he quickly snaps it shut when Gideon elbows him hard in the side.

"Lovely," Remus reaffirms, smiling at the veela's look of pride. His heart softens, his eyes glancing down at where James rests contentedly in her lap. He was glad they were back together. The world didn't make sense when Phoebe Griffin and James Potter weren't bickering one minute and then laughing the next.

They were his example of love, of what to fight for. And he owed Phoebe for helping him man up and realize that he too could have love. Even if it was with a cheeky red headed boy he'd never planned to like. He quickly averts his gaze before anyone can see him getting sappy, briefly glancing out the window.

It was a rather rainy day, and they'd spent the majority of it lounging around, still recovering from the most recent mission. Everyone else was at their own homes, but after their near loss of James, Sirius and Remus and Peter didn't want to go far. Though Peter was snoring loudly in the drawing room below them.

Phoebe hums quietly as she goes back to knitting, her voice lulling James back into the warm state between consciousness and sleep.

"Is that what your earrings sound like, Pheebs?" Gideon wonders curiously, earning the girl's attention again. She smiles and shrugs, replying, "Sometimes. They aren't singing right now."

"Hum it for us," James mumbles, reaching up to gently tug on her hair. She laughs at his childlike behavior, humming the song that her earrings sometimes whisper to her. It's light and slow and so soothing it even makes Gideon's eyes start to close.

Until Sirius storms in and cries,

"You fucking fools!"

James peeks an eye open while Gideon jumps practically off his seat, gasping and clutching at his chest frantically,

"Merlins beard! What's happening?!"

Remus sighs and rolls his eyes at his boyfriend's dramatics, leaning over to pick up the book he'd tossed violently to the floor when he'd been startled. Gideon smiles cheekily and pecks Remus' cheek, taking his book from his hands. He smiles faintly before waving him off and turning back to the matter at hand.

"It's seems that Sirius has a bone to pick with James and Phoebe," Remus muses, grinning and setting down his own book to watch the scene unfold.

Phoebe smiles sheepishly, already assuming what Sirius is going to say.

She was right.

"They had sex on the kitchen table last night!!!"

Remus and Gideon's eyes nearly pop out of their heads. Phoebe flushes and goes to respond, but James states sleepily,

"Technically it's the dining room table."

"Prongs," Sirius warns. Phoebe clamps a hand over James' mouth before he can do anymore damage, saying calmly,

"Sirius, it was an accident—"

"Oh!" He says exasperatedly, throwing his hands in the air. "I didn't realize that you could have sex on accident!"

Phoebe bites back laughter, especially when Gideon winks and gives her a thumbs up. Sirius continues raging, gesturing wildly,

"Kreacher hasn't spoken to me the whole time we've been here. I thought we were making progress when he approached me this morning. No, he was just bitching at me because he felt the need to tell me that my kitchen had been defiled!"

James snickers, the sound muffled by Phoebe's hand over his mouth. Remus looks as scandalized as Sirius does, especially when Phoebe sighs and says flatly,

"It's just sex! Merlin, everyone here does it!"

Gideon let's out a whistle of acknowledgment, flushing and turning back to his book when Remus sends a flat look his way.

"I'm tired of talking about my sex life," Phoebe states irritably. "It's someone else's turn! You should've heard the shit I got from the girls yesterday. Intolerable I tell you."

Having moved her hands to gesture at the other boys, James is able to speak freely, opening his eyes wide and saying indignantly,

"You tell 'em, Bee!"

Sirius stares in horror as James and the veela high five. He turns to Remus and says with a horrified tone, "We've created a monster. A sex crazed, stubborn, evil monster."

Phoebe and James both gasp, Remus speaking before they can stutter out replies to the insult,

"You're right, Padfoot. Their like an evil crossbreed."

"Excuse you," James sits up, nearly knocking into Phoebe's chin. She cries out in surprise, half tempted to push him off the couch,

"You bloody moron, you nearly brained me!"

"Shut it, harpy. I'm arguing here!" James snorts, turning to Remus while Phoebe gapes at yet another insult.

"We are not an evil crossbreed!" James says pointedly while Phoebe let's out a triumphant "Ha!" And returns back to her knitting. Her eyes are busy counting her rows, so she doesn't see James' mischievous smile before he says cheekily,

"If anything, our children will be the evil crossbreeds."

The veela's hands freeze and her eyes shoot up, her heart instantly racing. Children He said it. He said it again. He's thinking about it.

Then she sees his wicked smile, and the boys stifling their laughter. He's fucking with her.

"You fucking moose!" She cries, smacking him upside the head with her knitting.

"Hey!" He grunts, trying to snatch the flying lump of yarn out of her hands. She hits him in the face and the arm where he wasn't injured, cursing the whole while. He finally reaches over and tickles her side until she laughs hysterically and he can grab her rather ineffective weapon. He lurches off the couch, plopping down between Gideon and Remus on the opposite sofa as she glares.

"Roi des cons," she huffs, trying her hardest to not smile.

James chuckles at the french, grinning broadly as soon as he sees the tiniest hint of her dimples.

"I love you, P," He says simply and he watches that tiny smile turn into a brilliant one that he swears makes the rain showers stop.

"You lot are disgusting," Sirius sighs, turning and walking back out of the library with his hands thrown in the air.

{{thank you guys for being patient. My life is kind of hectic right now, but hopefully I'll be able to write more tomorrow. And thank you for the support :)}}