Ball and chain

Phoebe sighs softly, smiling when James presses a few lingering kisses to her neck.

Her head falls back against her pillows and she murmurs, "Good morning."

She can feel him smirking against her skin and she jumps slightly when he bites down and mutters huskily, "Morning, my beautiful fiancé."

She laughs, earning a wide smile from him as he presses a few open mouthed kisses to her chest over her scar. A tingle runs up her spine as she whispers, "James...we have to get up."

"No," He insists. "We have to stay in bed. Naked. All day."

They'd barely gotten through their shower the night before, too wrapped up in each other to really focus on anything other than the love coursing through their veins. They were engaged. Finally, after everything that had happened, they were one step closer to sealing the deal. Together forever.

"There's a meeting," Phoebe groans, arching into him as he sucks roughly on her skin. "We can't be late."

"I'll be quick," he suggests, slinking down under the blankets that cover their bare bodies. "I swear."

Phoebe moans softly when he kisses her hip, but then she's tugging him back up to her by his biceps, whispering throatily, "Later. I promise."

James groans grumpily, letting his head flop down onto her stomach. His eyes close when he feels her hands in his hair, grunting,

"Don't do that if you're not going to shag me."

She laughs again and he can't help but smile, kissing the skin above her navel before sighing and muttering, "I guess I'll go take a cold shower."

He sits up, ready to trudge to the bathroom. But then a small hand stops him. He looks back over his shoulder, a smug smile tugging at his lips at what he sees. The Veela has her lower lip between her teeth, her pupils blown wide. She's turned on too and a thrill of excitement runs up his spine. James feels like he's won the quidditch cup when she says with mirth,

"Fine. but make it quick!"

James let's out a triumphant cheer before tackling her back down onto the mattress and kissing her slightly swollen lips. Phoebe sighs into him, her thighs clenching when his tongue gently teases her own.

"You're mine," James mumbles gruffly, tugging on her lower lip before diving back in and slanting his mouth against hers. Phoebe let's out a hum of agreement, her hands coming up to tangle in his hair. He groans when she tugs slightly, his hand grabbing her knee and then sliding up to her thigh.

Phoebe moans softly, melting back into her pillows and mattress as she lavishes in the euphoria of being with him. Maybe staying in bed all day wasn't a bad idea after all.

The moment is short lived however, because the door suddenly bangs open and makes the lovebirds jump in surprise. Phoebe shrieks when the weight on top of her suddenly increases by three.

Sirius, Remus, and Peter have all dog piled on top of Phoebe and James, completely ignoring their compromising position as Sirius cries,

"Did you do it?! Did it finally happen?!"

"Padfoot! We're a little busy here!" James chokes out, still stunned by the weight of his friends. Phoebe gasps out,

"Merlin, I'm suffocating!"

James looks down at her smushed fragile frame, feeling slightly concerned. He grunts and quickly bucks the three Marauders off his back, scrambling to cover him and Phoebe with the strewn about blankets as he gripes,

"I can't get a moment alone to shag my fiancé!!"

Remus freezes from his position on the floor, Peter and Sirius all looking up with wide eyes. Phoebe laughs and holds up her hand, cheers erupting as they all lock onto the pretty ring on her finger.

"You did it!!!!!" Peter cries while Remus looks rather misty eyed. Sirius is practically glowing with pride, ignoring James' squawk of irritation when he jumps back on the bed and hugs Phoebe.

She smiles and slings her arms around him, the blankets fortunately pulled up to her chin by James. She gently pats Sirius' back, saying cheekily, "This is the closest you've gotten to me naked in some time, Sirius."

"I know, Pheebs. Those days are over I suppose. Now that you have the old ball and chain," Sirius says with mock sadness, snickering when James elbows him hard in the side and says quickly,

"Get off of my naked fiancé, you bloody fool!!"

"Never!" Sirius cries, smirking triumphantly when Phoebe holds him tighter in response, his curly black hair tickling her nose as he rests his head below her chin. They both look at James with the same grey puppy eyes, hugging each other tightly and pouting playfully at the irritated boy.

James throws his hands in the air exasperatedly, asking the universe, "Why have you done this to me? Do I never get a moment alone?"

Remus wrinkles his nose and points out, "Padfoot, you're in the same bed as Prongs with a boner."

Sirius practically levitates off of Phoebe, falling out of the bed as he moans, "Moony that's fucking disgusting."

"He's not wrong," Peter says sympathetically. He flushes when Phoebe sits up holding the blankets to her front, quickly smacking a hand over his eyes.

"Pete, I'm still covered up," Phoebe laughs, grinning at James' scowl when Sirius wolf whistles and Remus gives her a thumbs up.

"Bee!"'James cries when she begins to scoot to the edge of the bed. She peers over her shoulder and asks, "What?!"

"You—you're still—that's it!! Everybody get out!"

The Marauders all jump to their feet at the sound of James' hell. Remus snickers when Phoebe moves to stand, James pinning her back down to the bed by her shoulders and saying incredulously,

"Not you, you bloody harpy! Everyone else get the fuck out!"

Remus and Peter file out, tugging along a cackling Sirius. The door slams shut and James groans, asking, "Do you have to enable them?"

"I like seeing you all flustered," she teases. "Very sexy."

James scowls playfully and tugs her closer, grumbling,

"I'll show you sexy, you minx."

Phoebe laughs and shakes her head, smirking when she says, "Sorry, love. Looks like we've run out of time. I'm sure it would've been great though."

James stares in awe as she untangles herself from the sheets and walks over to her clothes. He's torn between wanting to curse the universe and wanting to yank her naked body back to bed. He groans, eyes tracing her lithe form,

"You're a torturous woman. Truly evil."

Phoebe grins as she pulls on her clothes, saying with mirth, "I'll make it up to you, Potter."

He sighs as she waltzes back over to him, tugging her holly head harpies jumper on over her head. She bends down and gives him a quick peck, teasing,

"Come on, my beautiful fiancé. Let's get something to eat, yeah?"

His playful pout turns into a wide smile before he can stop it and he nods, feeling like he may float away from the butterflies in his stomach.

Phoebe Griffin could do anything, just as long as she called him Fiancé. That much he was sure of.