Win

It did not take long for Gryffindor to win. In fact, it took so little time that the Ravenclaw stands accused them of cheating. What they didn't know, was that one of their own teammates has revealed the Ravenclaw's secrets to a Gryffindor that very much liked quidditch.

James grins from his armchair in the common room, watching his teammates celebrate. Sirius had already brought out The Marauders stash of fire whiskey and was passing it out to his friends.

"To Prongs!" Sirius crows loudly, holding his shot high in the air. James can't help but call out, "And my spy!"

"Yes! To prongs and his spy!"

James grins and swallows down his whiskey, enjoying the instantaneous warmth it brings him. Marlene and Sirius throw back their shots before kissing sloppily, much to Lily's chagrin. James snorts as the red head tries to separate them. Subconsciously, his eyes seek out silvery blonde hair. When he finds the girl he's looking for, his heart sinks slightly. She's standing between Gideon Prewett and Justin Cinderford.

The monster he finally could admit was jealousy claws at his chest. He watches as Gideon ruffles her hair and she pushes him away, laughing loudly at something he's said. Justin is too busy gawking at the Veela to add anything of use to their conversation. James perks up slightly when he notices she still has his scarf wrapped around her neck.

"Oi, Griffin," He calls. She looks over her shoulder and sees him looking. Phoebe too had a few shot of fire whiskey, making her just confident enough to holler back,

"If you want me, Potter come and get me."

James feels a spark of something dark and territorial take over at her tone. He bites down on the inside of his cheek, eyeing her with a hint of lust. She challenged him, and Merlin it turned him on. James decides to take her on, standing and stalking her way.

Phoebe smirks as he grows closer feeling a thrill of excitement at his dark eyes and sexy smirk. The firewhiskey had gone straight to her head, but she was sober enough to realize that while she found it odd that she was checking out James...it wasn't weird enough to make her stop. She turns back to face an amused looking Gideon. "It's been a pleasure, Gideon. But I've gotta run," She says cheekily, slipping away just as James gets within arms reach. He blows out a breath as she disappears into the crowd, trying to stifle his smile.

"So you and Phoebe?"

James turns to Gideon, not quite sure how to answer. His eyes glance away from the boy, still seeking out the girl that has his blood pumping faster. He hesitates before saying, "We're friends."

Gideon chuckles and shakes his head, "No. Phoebe and I are friends...I reckon you lot are something else entirely."

James feels reassured by his words for a number of reasons, one of which being that Gideon said that he and the Veela are just friends. He tries to ignore the nervousness he feels at the idea of people realizing that Lily Evans is no longer the apple of his eye and that a certain blonde is.

James nods before he turns away from Gideon. He almost instantly gets caught up in a whirl of 5th year girls, squealing and complementing his flying skills. Thankfully, Lily rescues him before he gets roped in too far.

"Are you looking for Pheebs?" She shouts over the music, looking slightly drunk herself.

"Kind of? Why?"

"Because I bet Remus that you'd snog her again tonight!"

James breathes out a laugh and says, "Lay off the alcohol, Evans. Where did she go?"

Lily smirks. She sways slightly in her Mary Jane shoes and says, "Confess that you like her and I'll tell you."

James sighs and runs his hands through his hair. He prays that Lily won't remember any of this. "Fine," He says simply. "I like her. Where is she?"